Sign in to follow this  
JCrump

Copam 2500 w/ Flexi pro locks up

Hello everyone,

Please forgive me as this my first experience with a cutter/plotter. I have read through alot of the post on this forum and still haven't for a solution to my problem. I recently purchased a Copam 2500. The machine seems to be of great quality. My problem is with cutting with Flexi, it is doing some strange things. I should also state that I have also installed sign blazer which works flawlessly (except for being "sign blazer") ;). I would love to use Flexi to do all my designs and cutting.

I have installed all the necessary drivers for usb and have got the cutter communicating with the pc. I also have everything set to the correct ports. It will start to cut and then lock up in the middle of the cut, it only makes it through about 2 letters of a 1" tall phrase/word.(It also does this with the par & ser cables). When it locks up it stops exactly where it was cutting, the blade stays down and I loose all communication. The only way to start it up again is to power off the cutter. When it does cut the letters/digits it will cut them mirrored, out of order or stacked (sometimes in the shape of an "L")

I have no issues with the cutter using Sign Blazer. But after getting acquainted Flexi, its just not the same.

On a side note is it possible to design in Flexi and cut with sign Blazer.

Thank you all in advance, again sorry if I left out any important info.

Jason Crump

Are you using the DGI OM-60 driver in Flexi for this cutter? If not, try it instead.

Are you using the DGI OM-60 driver in Flexi for this cutter? If not, try it instead.

No, I am currently using the copam driver that someone posted on a previous thread. Thank you very much for the info, I will try it tonight. 

Jason Crump

Sorry for the delayed response.

I did get it to work with the DGI OM-60 driver. I had to completely reinstall the program as well as the USb serial driver. But it works great now. Thank you Ken for the info, this forum has a lot of great info, Keep up the great work.

Jason Crump