Viper5243

A couple problems with my refine

Ok im not sure if this will sound right. Im not completely familiar with all the terminology.(always a great way to start out a help wanted post isn't it). My cutter is a Refine MH-871 and im using SBE

For some reason (this just started happening) when your starting a cut, right after you go to the cutter and then hit cut and it shows you the path that it will cut, my machine is cutting some of those lines moving from one image to another. So i have a alot of images and then a long line cut through a bunch of them.

Another problem is my machine is possessed by an evil spirit. When i go to aligning the vinyl i use the up and down arrows to see how much its drifting. After about 3-4 times the machine will just freeze. I can hear some noise coming from inside the machine and then i have to hit the reset button to get it to work again. Other times i will go and look at the little lcd screen and it will look all weird with messed up letters or it will not say anything, and just show blue thats its on. I will either have to use the reset button or power off the machine.

try getting a hold of kenimes. from what i have read on this forum, it sounds like you need a mother board.

bb

Sounds like a motherboard shorting out. Tip the unit on its side, then remove the bottom right panel to expose the motherboard. Make sure the 4 plastic clips are in place keeping the motherboard secure off of the bottom panel.

OK, As soon as I flipped it on its side 1 of the 4 white plastic caps is broken off. I sill opened it up but don

t know what to look for besides that.

ETA: I was just hopping around the forums and noticed some threads on grounding the cutter. Im up in Anchorage AK and we have been anywhere from -30 to 0 degrees and the static is getting crazy. Im getting shocked every 5 steps. Could this be causing the problems im having? Im thinking when i run the vinyl through with the up and down buttons its creating static and causing problems in the LCD and then messing with everything else.

So i took a strip of copper wire (couldn't find aluminum wire) and grounded the machine. Tried it without vinyl in it and i can spin the crap out of it and it wont freeze up.  Is the broken clip still a problem though?

Yes, it could be. The plastic clips keep the MB secured off of the bottom panel, and if 1 or more break, the MB could touch the bottom metal panel when the unit is on, and cause a short.

You might be able to find some spare clips locally, or I would be happy to mail you some more.