Cre8tiveCutter

Best place to share wall quotes???

Thanx Tory :huh:

I'm trying to decide which one I should get there are a few i really like...lol. I like that they are for sale individually, 20.00 is way better than 99.00...lol.

Renee

You're welcome, I agree esp since I probably won't use most of the others

there are THREE that i really like and i know i will use them alot, For now I am going to get TWO lol.

for sure I'm going to get the VINE, now i have to decide if I'm going to get the Original or the Roman any suggestions?

I'm not that crazy about the entwined font :- but i really do like the other three..tough decisions, tough decisions...lol

Renee

These are my personal favorites that I thought of ...

I discriminate against stupid people

Stupidity should be painful

Others that I really like ...

Stupidity run amok

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources

Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it

Creative, you would be correct. It IS Vine that I like as well, NOT entwined. As for the others you suggested I like Roman first then Original. I think Vine could be used quite a bit with wall words. Bickham script is also a pretty font.

Hey Tory,

Did you get the fonts yet? I just read a post somewhere that said some of the fonts this person downloaded will not load in sign blazer. Dont know what the font was or where they got it but it does concern me...I dont want to pay for these monograms and they dont show up!!

I have a silly monogram question for ya! I know the middle ( large) letter is your last name initial, the smaller letters is what stumps me, is it husbands first name initial and the second letter your first name initial? or is it your first name initial and your middle name initial? what is the correct way to do it? Thanx for the help!

Renee

HI Creative, No I haven't yet but that never occured to me that they wouldn't show up. Hmmm, I wonder if they know a font has to be loaded in the font folder, you can't just dl for them to work I was told? As for order of initials the short answer both ways are correct  ;) It really depends on the what the client wishes. But etiquette says:

Family Monogram - 1.Husband's first name initial 2.Last name initial 3.Wife's first name initial (Personal preference prevails though because some want the woman's first with husband's last, regardless last name initial is in the middle.)

Individual Monogram - 1.Your first name initial 2.Last name initial 3.Your middle name initial

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you further, you have a good understanding already though.

Thanks, Tory. No I didn't see you could order them individually. I'll go check. That intertwined font looks like it would be harder to weed. Not sure.

Hi Sandy, It's Vine I was looking at and said the wrong font name. Creative found couple more that look nice too

thanx Tory for the info, I didnt want to look like an idiot if someone wanted a monogram and I wasnt sure where to put the letters! LOL!! I have self taught myself on alot of things but I want to at least sound like i know what I am talking about! LOL!! I have been asked by customers if I do such and such, If I havent done it, I'm thinking (no never have) but saying YES I can do that...lol! How else am I going to learn it?  I want to try the Monograms on a few tiles, I have been to Lowes and picked up all different sizes. Have you tried the tiles yet? I wonder if the small ones would make good coasters if you put those little felt pad things on the back side like you can get for chair legs so they dont slide around??? oh the possibilities...lol

Renee

I think that is a great idea with the small tiles. I went today to Home Depot (closer only 15 miles away) after a funeral but they didn't have any tiles I felt would work with vinyl. So I'm hoping to go to Lowe's tomorrow if the 4-7 in of snow doesn't stop me. Hoping I can find some of those tiles mentioned they found at other Lowe's. Yes, so many possibilities and never enough time. Not to mention I have a file to work on that is giving me trouble. Too many things to juggle.

As for the monograms, you can follow the "rules" and still have ppl wonder why the initials are placed where they are. That is why I explain the usual placement and then ask what they would like. And like you I try to learn all I can whether it's embroidery or vinyl. Can never learn it all but I keep trying just the same. Guess it is time to et out of the decorated business when the thirst for knowledge leaves? Have Fun

Ok you girls have sparked my interest enough with this thread to run to Lowes today before the next winter blast comes through today.

Where is the best place to get those fancy fonts?

Ohhhh Jenny...LOL!! Welcome to the world of enabling! The place to get the fancy fonts is haroldsfonts.com. There are  some very nice ones. He has a set of monogram fonts for 99.00 OR you can buy them individually for 19.95 which is what I am going to do. The VINE monogram font is the one that is the most popular i think. I like two others but I'm only going to get one other for now. There are alot of possibilities with the tiles. We will have to make sure to post our creations when we complete them...lol.

Tory, We have a Lowes and a home depot, I don't think home depot has as good a selection as Lowes. The tiles range in price from 50 cents to 2.50 cents. course they have some imported from italy that are like $5-$6 but I'm thinking cheaper is better for me right now until i get the hang of it anyway. After i got the tiles I went to a few craft stores as well as a few dollar stores to get the plate stands, i got various sizes of those but I still havent found a large one for the 12 x 12 tile i got, I'm wondering how these things would hold up in a garden outside? I'm going to try that with the big tile I think, would be nice to have a few to put in some of the local nursery's for sale.

i'm jealous of both of you! You have snow! All we got is COLD.  Last night was the coldest night in 5 yrs ;) and we dont have any snow! Right now its 6 degrees! I was glad to see my daughters horse still standing out there this morning and moving! LOL!!

Renee

Thanks Renee...for the recap!!  ;)

Well I'm getting ready to go check some tiles....so excited!!!

Since it looks like we will probably be snowed in this weekend, good day to do a new project, along with my other paying jobs!  :thumbsup:

Thanks, I think that's one I've been looking for but couldn't remember the name of it.  The links don't seem to be working right but I worked my way around to the website and their links aren't all working there.  I'm sure it's a temporary and they'll be back on soon.

Creative: I have to agree I was just telling my husband tonight, as we fought our way home for more than an hour, how pretty the snow was and if it has to be cold might as well have snow to go with it. We have had more than our fair share of cold AND snow this winter but I'm enjoying it.

Jenny were you able to get out today before the storm? We got out but no Lowe's on that side of town. We got hit pretty good with about 6 in.. Roads were a mess so if they clean em up I'll stop at Lowe's tomorrow, as I have a shower to attend. I'm jealous, I wish I could just hunker down for the weekend. I have so much work to complete and projects I'd like to do, not to mention a house that needs attention. Being pulled in too many directions!

Tory, well we had to deliver a banner to Mt. Pleasant, so had to get out on the roads, even though they were in bad shape with the snow.  But went to Lowes and picked up a couple 6x6 and a few 9x12!! Those 9x12 are so cool.  I'm going to work on one for a friend of ours to give them before we move.

I'll be sure to share a pic.

Jenny

That had to be a fun trip, but I'm glad you were able to get the tiles. I was beginning to think they may just not carry them here. Where are you moving to? Still within the area?

Jenny, I haven't seen the 9 X 12 tiles, something to think about....I have about 3 boxes of 12 X 12 tiles left over from my dining/kitchen a few years ago. Guess I'll have to use them up.lol

As far as outdoors with the tiles, my neighbor tiled his front porch with ceramic tiles. He said as long as he used outdoor mortar it would hold up well. I would think it'd be a good idea to coat the finished tile with a sealer though...Im going to try cutting my first decal today...

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, I don't know how to post a new topic. I can hit reply to another topic, but where do you post your own?

At the top of each category, there is a 'post new topic' button.

I'm going to get some spray sealer and give that a try I think.

I'll get a pic of the 9x12....I think they will work out great for certain designs.

Jenny

PS...no Tory moving out of state this Spring.

Glad you found some tiles Jenny! I got a couple of the 9 x 12 also! Where are you moving to?

Sandy thanx for the tip on the outdoor usage, but do you think the vinyl on them will last? I would think so since it lasts on car windows and store fronts etc. I'm going to do one and put it in my flower bed and see how it does. If it still looks good come spring I will make a few and sell em.

We are finally out of the freeze zone...lol. got up this morning and its 40, now we have rain headed our way, I'd rather have snow!

the fedex horse and buggy team will be delivering my pcut 24 on tuesday! Cant wait! I also got the starter pack of 5 rolls that uscutter has, that will be here tomorrow via ups. I'm thinking I will not be using my way expensive Roland Sticka 12 too much after I get the bigger one!

Have a great sunday all!!

Renee

Jenny, best of luck wherever your headed, has to be better than MI is doing right now. How did you get your kids to agree to this?  :angel: I mentioned moving east to be closer to a daughter and my other daughter wouldn't even entertain the idea lol. I don't envy the packing part though. I can't imagine packing up all these years worth and moving across the country. And yes, would love to see a pic of the tile when you get it completed.

Here is a simple one we did for our local hobby store as a gift before we move....working on getting a stand now!  :angel:

Going to add a little scroll just before and after the EST date....I'll repost when I get it done here shortly.