Cre8tiveCutter

Best place to share wall quotes???

very very nice! is that a 12 x 12? Please share with us when and where you get a stand to hold the 12 x 12. I'm still looking for those!

Renee

Ahhh ok, now that I look at it really close I can see it isnt SQUARE! LOL!! Still a good size though. I think I got every size Lowes had except the really small ones and the huge ones, biggest I got was 12 x 12. I even got a few that were i think 6 x 12. heck might even be 4 x 12. I know they are alot longer than they are wide. I'm sure I will find something to put on them! now to get busy......lol

Renee

Jenny I'm sure they will appreciate the gift, good job

I went to Lowes, finally, and picked up quite a few tiles that should work out ok. They didn't have any of the 6x12 size rectangles but a better selection than Home Depot. Now I need to get some vinyl for them and give it a whirl. Should of seen the look on the guys face when I asked for rectangle tiles and he wanted to know what the application was. I said oh it won't matter because I'm putting vinyl on them. It was like ooooook then lady, nope don't have those, lol

LOL Tory! I didnt ask for any help but I did get funny looks when I checked out by the cashier. I could see in her face, Now WHY in the world is this lady buying all these different colors and different sizes?!?!?!?!? She wanted to ask so bad, but didnt! LOL!! I have everything I need to do tiles and try some glass etching stuff too, my problem is my shop is tore up at the moment! The office part had dark paneling that had been since the 60's I think, is really dark in there and thats where I cut and weed, so I thought I would take everything out ( its all in the store front part)  and paint over the paneling. Of course I had to primer it first, well its half done, its been sooo darn cold and its an old building, made out of cinder block and stays cold anyway even with the heat on so I have not done any painting this weekend. I need to get over there and get it done, my new cutter will be here tuesday! I opened my shop in October, its a large building, has a store ( which i rent) then in the back is a huge garage area, i think it used to be a small engine repair biz, and then upstairs there are two apartments unlivable at the moment. Well while my middle son was home for christmas ( he works out of state) he bought it, so he is my new landlord...lol. Go figure, he is 23 yrs old! I told him maybe some day we can expand and do car wraps...lol.

Renee

Renee, I forgot about the cashier she DID ask if I was deciding what tile to use for my project. I explained what I was doing, she asked a few more questions and then had a peculiar look on her face. You could tell she was having a convo w herself about it all lol. Sounds like you/your son have the perfect setup. And good for him, at such a young age, to use this economy to his advantage. I wish you the best of luck in your new venture. You'll have to tell the "landlord" you need heat lol! Don't you love it when the tables have turned :angel:

Jenny that is such a nice thing to do...I bet you are one of those parents who give little presents to your childs teacher HU?  :lol: You are an :angel:

Dazzel

lol Dazzel.....yep..how did you know?  :D

Here is the tile, with the little 'extra' on it!

Your welcome Jenny! Those swirly things just brought it all together, I always add something to words, I dont know I feel that they are so plain unless they are embellished! must be the scrapbooker in me..lol!! I'm excitd..my cutter will be here tomorrow, unless the fedex pony express gets in that snow storm we are getting ready to have! A whole 2 INCHES! I'm from Mass where 2 inches isnt anything!! There will probly be no school for 2 days LMAO!!! I've been saying all along though i hate the cold unless it involves SNOW, well we are going to get something whatever it is!

Renee

+2 love that quote

Renee congrats on the impending arrival of the cutter. You'll be cutting in no time at all. I didn't realize Virginia gets that cold, very pretty state. My daughter moved to NJ last year for grad college, it surprises me they don't get as much snow as we do here.

Thanx Tory!

I'm a little nervous about it, more afraid of the software! I've been using a roland 12 sticka and I have mastered that software after burning up so much vinyl! Now I'm getting to be an old dog and I like what I know...lol. I dont like change as much as I used to. But I will dig in, I bought a starter pack of vinyl for cheap from uscutter and it got here today  so it wont hurt so bad if I waste some of it....wait a sec, yes it will! I hate to waste anything! thats the reason I went with a bigger cutter, with the roland sticka you can only use 12 inch wide vinyl, no smaller no bigger, so if it was 11.5 it couldnt be used! I have alot of scraps to use.

Being in NJ I'm surprised they havent gotten alot of snow, my family is in Mass and they got alot this year! VA usually doesnt get this darn cold and we hardly ever get snow. We had a record breaking cold weekend though and it looks like we are going to get it again only this time WITH snow! yippee, I love snow :D

What state are you in Tory?

Renee

I'm in Michigan and we have had more snow this year than any year I can remember. I love it too so I'm not complaining. I have to agree about learning new software, not fun at all.

Renee,

I'm the same way, where you have to have SOME sort of element to the design, plain text seems so boring now!  ;D  wooo hoooo about your cutter!!  Hey I'm still learning the software, but getting alot better.

Thors, LOVE that quote...I to had seen that quote...it's a good one!  :D

I don't mind the snow so much, but it's just the darn cold that comes with it!  :thumbsup:

Thors...great quote...I am putting it in my house somewhere!  :)

Dazzel

"Little Boys are a Mothers Treasure and a Fathers Hope!"

ME  ;D

Dazzel