NutttSo

Some of my Work

The photo has to be changed to linework in a graphic editing program before it can be cut.  One way to do this is with LiveTrace in Illustrator, but it can take some work, depending on the photo you are starting with.

I take a photo and edit, edit, edit, edit, and edit some more, before I can cut it, then yes only weed the inside. and put it on a mirror. and use armour etch,

I haven't had any luck with LiveTrace in Illustrator. it just does not get the detail I want, and even with inkscape 's trace, I dont cut with it, I use the live trace in my software that came with my plotter,

and yes it's a lot of work getting the detail just right, sometimes I use 2 or 3 different programs when I do them,

NutttSo

CAN'T YOU USE STENCILS AND ETCHING PASTE ON GLASS ETC..JUST STENCIL THE PHOTO OR WHATEVER YOU WANT.SORRY FOR CAPS..I'M A NUT ALSO  LOL

I take a photo and edit, edit, edit, edit, and edit some more, before I can cut it, then yes only weed the inside. and put it on a mirror. and use armour etch,

I haven't had any luck with LiveTrace in Illustrator. it just does not get the detail I want, and even with inkscape 's trace, I dont cut with it, I use the live trace in my software that came with my plotter,

and yes it's a lot of work getting the detail just right, sometimes I use 2 or 3 different programs when I do them,

NutttSo

What software came with your plotter?  I have had some luck using Illy Livetrace after using Pshop to erase the background, and sometimes alter the levels as well.  I agree, LT in Illy is not the greatest for photos.

midwaste where in photoshop does it give you the option to get rid of the background?

Also when you guys are editing the photos do you switch them to black and white or leave them colored? I haven't bought any software and have been trying to do some people etching but it isn't to easy.

Thank you,

Christi

Wow! that is some awesome work! thanks for sharing.

edit: checking out your site stickertoit (very nice) and Native American is spelled wrong.