Sign in to follow this  
hopkinsrj

Nedd softwae advice!

I have the Pcut with the sign blazer software.  Everything works but when I monchrome and vectorize an image or logo it loses quality.  I assume that the problem is because of the software is low in quality.  Does anyone else have this issue with other types of software or am I doomed to creat crappy logos?  Thanks, Rick Hopkins.

Keep in mind: the poorer the quality the image going in, the poorer the quality the vector will be coming out.

I have found that InkScape is a bit more forgiving with lower quality images: www.inkscape.org

I have started with a very sharp image and it loses quality right from the get go when I have to monochrome the image.  So, it may be that I am losing the quality before I even vectorize the image.  What I am really looking for is someone that takes an image, vectorizes it and it cuts just as the original image looked and then for them to tell me what software they are using, I'll go buy it then I will be happy with what I am doing.

Try InkScape for the vectorizing, then just import the file in .eps format to SBE for cutting.