Benr98

Please say a prayer for BannerJohn!

lmao yes fiverstar exactly. Thank you. I have to learn to read more then the last post also. Lesson well learned!

Christi

Hi SDG ,

there is a blue box with new in it in the subject line of threads that have new posts , clicking that will take you to what you have not read .  :lol:

Ok,since the post has been awakened, I guess an update is in order. I am still in a lot of pain...coughing and sneezing is a real treat...I can't drive for another 2 weeks...and everywhere that they shaved me (which is pretty much everywhere) itches like hell with the hair coming back...I still can't put my own socks on or lift anything over 8 pounds...and the scar on my chest is crooked.My uncle died last week and I had to attend the graveside service in a snow storm. I was and am lucky not to have gotten pneumonia,which often happens after my type of surgery.

Now for the good news...I walked all the way to the corner of the block yesterday without falling,and back again. I have lost 23 pounds so far and am still losing. I can work about 15 minutes at a time,with an hour's rest...and am getting caught up a bit on my work.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers,concern,and help. My friends here have had a LOT to do with my wanting to get better.

Hopefully,in about 4-6 more weeks I will be back to my old self.

Banner John, God Bless You, keeping you and family in our prayers. I know this is four days old, but still praying for you to recover. I know it takes time, so I won't say, hurry up and get well. I have diabetes, and I have to wake up and watch myself. Healing of anything is always slow for me.

Your customers and friends will understand.

John seems you are doing good & I'm glad  :) John also seems to be getting " his spurs " back on ( he has a picture of him & his brother when young in cowboy outfits , pic thread ) :) He has been swinging the Ban-Hammer at some people that must have joined JUST to flame & fight . I'm starting to have this vision in my head of John dressed in MC Hammer pants dancing to  " Hammer-Time " video alonf with Levi  :)

Guest gracewriter

I'm so glad you are doing well, John.  Sure have missed you.  You do have a keen sense for the finer details of life.  An asset to us all.

Best wishes!

Guest gracewriter

I may not have said so cause I've had so much crap going on in my life that seems never ending.  But I'm always thinking of you John and praying in my own way that you are ok amd will continue to do so.  You're such a good soul and humane person.  No one could ask for a better friend.

Get well soon.

Grace

• Like 1

Grace , I know what you mean , but don't feel alone . Me & everybody I know has as much or more than they can stand .. or more . Just when you thnk you are at wits end , some more gets added .

You are right about John & I agree completely with you about how nice a person John is . I felt great when he called me friend in a pm  :huh: .

Rodger

• Like 9

I haven't been here very long but, I know John is a major contributor & friend to everyone here.  Everytime I do a search I come up with a few of the same names especially yours John. I'm glad you are doing better because you seem to make this forum a better place & I for one would be lost without you.

Hope you continue to get back on your feet.

Barbara

Guest gracewriter

Thanks Rodger.  This is the best forum on the net with the best people.

Today I just thought I would read this thread again to remind myself what a wonderful bunch of friends I have here,and thought I might give a 6 month update (well, almost 6 months).

I am doing pretty good...still a LOT of pain where they cracked my chest open...especially when I cough or sneeze. I still get tired easily and can't lift anything very heavy. But I keep working because that's all I do. I would go nuts if I didn't have anything to do all day.

Thanks again to all of you! You are a great bunch of people! and my friends.

glad to hear you are doing well. i had shoulder surgery three months ago, and i really miss stretching with both my arms over my head. getting my range of motion back has been very painful. well i have to go do my stretching exercises in my hottub.

bb

John Thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear that you are still having pain. It is good that you are staying possitive and still do what you can. I personaly have enjoyed having you around and have appreciated all the help that you have given me. (which is a lot) I am so glad that I found this forum and will hopefully be one more of the "family".

Thank you!

Christi

Glad to hear you're generally ok Banner John, and that hundreds of years of medical practice and due-diligence was able to help you out in the real world. I am an atheist, so I am sticking to practical cheerleading.  :)