Benr98

Please say a prayer for BannerJohn!

John... looking forward to chatting with you as a surgery recovery patient to another! My thoughts are with you, my friend!

Hey FM ,

How did your surgery go ? What did you have done ? I know it was a shoulder issue .

if anybody is concerned about nothing being posted about the surgery , keep this in mind . My wife went in for a 45 minute surgery last year , 3 hours later I was fearing all sort of things . another hour goes by & then I was told everything went well with no complications ( thats what I thought was causing the time lapse ) . Doctor said everything went normal etc etc etc . So even if there is no update , that doesn't mean bad .There proably will be a delay in John's family relaying the news to us , even after they find out .

goodness.. i have been out of the loop for a while! glad to hear that you came out of surgery! hope you get to feeling better soon :thumbsup:

I will probably be banned when you return (figured I'd give you something to do when you get back) but I wanted to say good luck with the operation and hope you get better soon.

I will say a prayer for you tonight.

Best of luck !

wildstylegrafix    :D

You know why you were banned in the first place,and the second time as well. Nothing to do with me...more childish behavior on your part than anything. Keep going through proxy servers,spoofing your IP..whatever..it takes a lot less time for me to ban than it does for you to get around it.

Banner  John,  I hear you sell banners, please pm me,  thanks

MMM

• Like 1

I have been out of the loop for a while and just want John to know that we hope you feels better soon and that we're thinking of him..

Doh...not realizing the date on this thread and only reading the title I thought John had another Heart Attack...Whew!  Hoipe you are well BJ

Dazzel

Doh...not realizing the date on this thread and only reading the title I thought John had another Heart Attack...Whew!  Hoipe you are well BJ

Dazzel

Blonde moment :rolleyes:  ;)

I have just seen this thread. I don't know how you all do it going into each catogory and are able to keep up with everything and help out. I want to tell John that my prayers are still with you! I hope you are recovering nicely. You are a wonderful asset to this forum and I have appreciated all your help and posts that I have seen.

Thank you!

Christi

Guest fivestar

sdgirl......use the "Show unread posts since last visit." link and it'll show you all the post since you last visited just like it states.  :lol: :laugh: :thumbsup:

Thanks Five! At the risk of sounding stupid...where do I find "Show unread posts since last visit." at? I usually hit notify me when someone replies but that is the best I have gotten at this.

Thanks,

Christi

Guest fivestar

Upper lefthand corner by your username.

Ok,since the post has been awakened, I guess an update is in order. I am still in a lot of pain...coughing and sneezing is a real treat...I can't drive for another 2 weeks...and everywhere that they shaved me (which is pretty much everywhere) itches like hell with the hair coming back...I still can't put my own socks on or lift anything over 8 pounds...and the scar on my chest is crooked.My uncle died last week and I had to attend the graveside service in a snow storm. I was and am lucky not to have gotten pneumonia,which often happens after my type of surgery.

Now for the good news...I walked all the way to the corner of the block yesterday without falling,and back again. I have lost 23 pounds so far and am still losing. I can work about 15 minutes at a time,with an hour's rest...and am getting caught up a bit on my work.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers,concern,and help. My friends here have had a LOT to do with my wanting to get better.

Hopefully,in about 4-6 more weeks I will be back to my old self.

Good to hear, John.

Is it safe to assume, prior to the surgery that a walk down the block was not achieveable?

Firemelt thank you. I do feel stupid now. Usually you don't see what is right in front of your face right?

It is good to hear that you are getting better John. I could only imagine what you are going threw with all the struggles of what we do so easily everyday. I pray that you don't try and over do it and take it one step at a time.

Christi

Good to hear, John.

Is it safe to assume, prior to the surgery that a walk down the block was not achieveable?

no, I could walk ok before,but got out of breath when going uphill. But basically,after 10 days of NOT walking, and the surgery, my legs had gotten very weak and my lungs as well..so I really had to start all over again,little by little.

Guest fivestar

Upper lefthand corner by your username.

Firemelt thank you. I do feel stupid now. Usually you don't see what is right in front of your face right?

It is good to hear that you are getting better John. I could only imagine what you are going threw with all the struggles of what we do so easily everyday. I pray that you don't try and over do it and take it one step at a time.

Christi

Usually you don't see what is right in front of your face right? You mean like you didn't see MY POST and thanked FireMalt?  :lol::thumbsup: :thumbsup: J/K Glad to see you found it.