kenimes

Is your cutter cutting the same thing more than once?

with out having the artwork I would guess that you have more than one copy of the artwork. Do an ungroup and start moving part around and see if  you have another copy below.

KeithH

THANKS KEN, that's some golden info. i have had that to happen to me on several occasions.  ;)

The issue with this is it's hidden paths of the same object making the graphic have double or triple the same shape path.

This happens when files are made in illustrator in my case and rearranged so many times, it needs cleaning up.  :huh:

I had this happen a couple times, my Copam was cutting all over the place...like it went crazy!  Ended up being multiple copies of the same image.....

Aye, I had a hidden white image under the black image that I assumed I was cutting.  Really destroyed my image.

sometimes when you export vectors between software they double the layers,

specially when you use software such as vector magic.

good to just go over each peice of layer in the vector and click 'DEL' until you delete that object. Once deleted just undo that last step and you will only have the 1 last layer on it

I too hate it when that happens..

i am always using the hot key apple-Y when i open files up in illy. always checkin the file in outline mode before cutting has been a good habit for me.

all of the answers above are normally the reason, although there is an option to vary cut "passes" on some cutter software. I use it when cutting rhinestone material because it is very thick and I get a better result. When I forget to turn it off.. it will normally cut all the way through the backing paper of standard materials so pay attention for that.