signboy

Sign Lab 5.0 problems And Refin 721 Plotter

This is a copy of my original post just looking for more help in differnt area or someone familiar with the program

Someone please help i have sign lab version 5.0 and a refine 721 plotter and the program ill not communicat with the plotter. I've used sign cut to cut basic stuff on the plotter through the usb port and it works fine but when i use a more advanced program like sign lab it doesn't communicate, what am i doing wrong iv'e tried changing the com port in the program and i am using the roland camm-1 pnc1000 driver and still nothing any info would be helpful...

my operating system is windows xp

Sign cut uses com 5 but when i open sign lab 5 com 5 doesnt exist what am i doing wrong i didnt change anything in the computer. as for the redsail driver it didnt seem to change and when i select the driver i change the com in the program to com 3 cause its the only on that doent give me an error saying port not avalable, also when i select the com 3 i change the baud rate on the plotter from 9600 al the way through all the setings tring every one and still nothing. also i dont know how to check the baud rate in sign lab program thanks in advance.

Not sure about the CAMM1- should just be Roland as the manufacturer and PNC-1000 as the model.

Ok, so heres the situation that I have gotten so far...

you have a refine plotter, SignCut and SignLab...

SignCut is using COM5 but in sign lab it isnt showing up...

You need to change the COM port settings in Device Manager. 

I will give you step by step directions on how to do it...

Click Start, RIGHT click on the my computer Icon and goto properties.

Click the Hardware Tab

Click the Device manager Button...

Scroll down to Ports (COM & LPT)

Double click on it.

-Now we know that the plotter is using COM5 hence the reason why it works in SignCut.  So find the Communications port for COM5... Depending on how many perephials you have connected to your machine will determine how many ports that are open.  You may only have the one..

Now, Double Click on the Communications Port (COM5)

Click the Port Settings Tab

Then click the advanced button.

There, towards the bottom, you should be able to change your port number.  You probably would like to try to find something that both programs will work on... However, It may not be possible...  Change the port number to something that is not 'in use' 

Make sure that SignLab and SignCut are both closed.

Click OK

Then OK Again

Then you can close out of the device manager and then open Sign Lab...

I dont know the settings of signlab at all, so you obvioulsy know where to go...

Now, Select the port that you changed it just a few moments ago... If its not there, Scroll back up and start over.  Im my experience, you should make sure that your cut programs are closed, so once you change the port number, the cut programs should refresh themselves with the avaliable options.

You machine 'should' work with the Roland PNC1000 driver... If not, try the redsail, but we first have to get communication to the machine.

Its important the the Com ports in device manager match what you are using as the com ports in your cut program, if they dont match, it just wont work...

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress...

genius after all this time it works i found the only step in you instructions was that was missing was that the plotter had to be on and plugged in and the cable had to be pluged in the computer also for the port selection to show up but thank you thank you thank you

i appreciate all the help

genius after all this time it works i found the only step in you instructions was that was missing was that the plotter had to be on and plugged in and the cable had to be pluged in the computer also for the port selection to show up but thank you thank you thank you

i appreciate all the help

:xxx

lol- Glad to hear you got it working.

:)