Sign in to follow this  
Guest missy

name of font

Guest missy

I have an order for dale earnhartd number three.  I can not find the name of the font. Could someone please help.

i'm a newbie on this board & have a cp-2500 on it's way .

Seems you might get away with small non-official orders , but that # is copyrighted more-so than most Nascar stuff & they go after infrigments vigorously . that said , i would like to be able to make that # also :)

regards , Rodger Myers

I visited myfonts.com today and noticed they have a font identifier that recognizes scanned font images. Perhaps this can be of some help to you. You might also look at their Laribe fonts (freeware in TTF for non commercial use)

Guest missy

I know the exact font is copy righted.  You see it on all kinds of dirt tract cars it is not exact but close.  I can't seem to find anything close though.  Thanks

The Dale Earnhardt #3 is on a website brandsoftheworld.com            just type in the name and choose which one you want and download it.          its ready to go.            :USA:  Starla  :USA:

You can't copyright a number,or a color(even though UPS claims to own the color brown). You can't even copyright a font that is free ware. You can,however change it slightly,or design your own font,and copyright it.

So,my advice is, if you're gonna do a one-off,get the real thing. If you're gonna do a LOT, find a very similar font that is in the public domain.

Personally,I think it sucks that someone can take a common font,tilt it a bit to the right or left,and copyright it as their own.

Dale Earnhardt estate does not own the # 3. Just their version of it.

Starla , that is great ,

thanks , Rodger