kolorkraze

cutting/weeding

Hi,

New to vinyl cutting.

vinyl cuts fine but has tabs(don't know exact name) All the letters have one or two little tabs that end up looking like a littlle spikes after weeding. 

How do I get rid of them? :):D

sounds like a blade offset issue, this is covered in some other threads... what cut program are you using?

Are these letters from the text feature of SignCut, or have you exported the lettering from a graphics program? You could try the offset as tater suggested. Also, if you could post a copy of the file, I could test cut it and further troubleshoot.

Might be the font, maybe the file. Can you try .eps? What is your offset set at in SignCut?

I had the same exact problem.

I just discovered the answer!

When you go to Cut Out in Signcut UN-Check "Highest quality, for small objects".

If you go to preview before you will probably see the little tabs. Turn it off and look again.

Walla!

Worked for me! :)

Hi,

Don't think it's a file problem.  I tried cutting other files and text created in signcut and still having same issue.

offset is set at .394

what is "perfect cut" for? box is grayed out.

Check to make sure that your cutter carriage is on track. I had the same problem. You will know if it is on track because if it is when you try moving it in and out the little white wheels will prevent you. If it isn't on track on the top or bottom the carriage will move. To put it back on track i put the top wheels in first and then pushed up and in until the bottom wheels were able to pop into there track.

Not sure what Perfect Cut is used for, never had to use it. You can check the box next to it and it will no longer be grayed out.