rfhuber

Copam 2500 with Autocad PLEASE

I purchased the Copam 2500 based on the information in the catalog that it will work with Autocad. It states that it will work with HPGL compatible programs like Autocad and mentions the driver to use HP4745 - I have had the Copam for about 2 months and to date have not been able to cut anything. I am using r14 and 2004 in Acad.

Looks like I've made a mistake with this cutter unless someone can enlighten me as to how to make this work. If in fact it will not work with Autocad, then the catalog is wrong and it is being sold under false pretense.

Just looking for some help, Please!

Rick H

Most customers I have spoken with that cut or plot CAD designs, export their files in .eps format to SignCut to cut/ plot. Not sure if it can be done directly from AutoCAD.

I have tried this without success as well.  The only way I can get the files to plot from a CAD file is to export them from Rhino3D as an AI file, import them into Signcut from Rhino and it WILL send the file to the cutter and  print some of the drawing but then sits in one spot and move back and forth really fast ...then move to another area and do the same thing.  I guess Rhino exports differently than AutoCAD...even the dxf files work in some cases where they won't with AutoCAD in other programs...If I import the CAD file into Corel and then export from Corel as an AI file it won't even send the file to the cutter without shutting SignCut completely down.

I'm in the same boat as you but I've only wasted about a week so far...all day every day...trying to get ONE thing to print.  I would MUCH rather plot from AutoCAD or Rhino... I read of some others using the Roland drivers successfully but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

what Relase AutoCAD are you using? AutCad can do some crazy things w/ .ai & eps file, if you have corel I sugguest opening your .dxf in corel.  I'm using Corel 12, I make my work space a custom 23.5y  by what ever I need plus an inch .  when got everything ready to cut I click the application Launch button in corel and select signcut 2, it opens the file in signcut program automatically ( no exporting required) then select cut in signcut and start cutting...  this method is working great for me.

I will experiment w/ CAD files and get back to you

gg

I think there are printer drivers that will work with most HPGL compliant vinyl cutters.  Printer drivers usually don't work well with vinyl cutting due to issues with offset, etc, but they are fine for drawing.  If you want to spend some time looking, I suggest you download drivers from Roland and try using them attached via serial and parallel.  I will try to get a more definite answer from Copam in the mean time.

I don't know anything about the copam - I have a graphtec and use Autocad. When I get some time I'll go to the office and see what my configuration is. I don't know if it will help you or not, but I'll check.

Guest crshirts

I have a refine 365 and use a graphtec driver to plot with autocad

have used autocad 2005 and 2006.

Carl

Guest fivestar

Wow...2007-2009.....talk about bringing it up from awhile ago.

Mr. Peabody used the way back machine.  :lol::) :)

Mr. Peabody used the way back machine.
  :lol:

Yep, you're right. They're nice to have.  :) It showed up as a new unread thread to me, at least that's what I thought. I must have been in a time warp.  :) Dam old vacuum tubes in the way back are giving me fits.  :)  ;D That's why fivestar is a moderator  ;D

Now here's the question since this is an old (like me) post. Did he get it to work?  :):D