alborlin

trying to find drivers for pcut new computer setup problems

i bought a new computer. installed sbe ok, transferred files ect. i cannot find the drivers i need to get back up running please help

thanks, joe

have you looked on uscutters website? they might have them there.

bb

yes, i find them confusing and not sure what ones to install. not sure what a ftdi is ect.

try sending kenimes a pm. he should be able to help you/

bb

i have a creation pcut, i emailed ken but didnt get a response yet. i understand, christmas.

i think i have the ftdi driver installed.

not sure why it still does not communicate

thanks, joe

in my cutter set up i have picked creation p cut,  my port is com 5, i check in devise manager, its the same, both on hardware, all port settings same. let me know if im missing something

today i tried uninstalling driver and reinstalled driver. it changed my com port to 3, went through all settings again and still doesnt communicate. when i press cut, it appears to read and scrolls over like its sending, but cutter doesnt respond. yes, i have cutter online.

hope this info helps

joe

Guest sciondrgn

Which exact cutter do you have and what software are you using?

Sounds like he has the Pcut630 and SB Elements.

If your computer assigned a new com port when you reinstalled the driver it shows that something was funny. I believe you addressed this but did you make sure your flow control was set to hardware once it switched over to Com3? In SignBlazer what cutter do you have selected? You need to us the Creation PCut CTE630 HPGL.

you are correct. i have set for hardware on both, i have correct cutter selected. your correct on my sbe and cutter type. ill still fuss with it until someone has another idea

thanks,

i solved the problem. i knew i would run into it sometime. ill tell you so maybe someone in future will check this.

so many times it showed the settings, but it always showed a baud rate of 8600 or close to it. i checked my pcut and its baud rate was at 19200  . i went into sbe and changed to 19200 and wala it works.

thanks, joe

yay! glad you got it working. now cut something already.

bb