Sign in to follow this  
mustangconv85

connection

Yes that should work, Assuming it fit in your computer.

Why do you not want to use USB?

Jon

because I had problems with loosing connection with usb when I had my Pcut and when i switched to serial I never had a problem so I figured I might as well not use usb with the graphtec in case there was ever any connection problems

because I had problems with loosing connection with usb when I had my Pcut and when i switched to serial I never had a problem so I figured I might as well not use usb with the graphtec in case there was ever any connection problems

Fair enough.

I have been using both USB and a USB printserver for the last couple of years without any issues on XP. Thats why I asked  :)

Jon

I think the problem is with the pcut, not the USB connection. I think the jacks on the pcuts are garbage. You probably won't have the same problem on the graphtec.

On a late model Graphtec, if all things were equal, with no connectivity issues, would a serial connection out perform a USB 2? Or vicer verser? Or should be the same? I'm fixing to get a previously loved CE5000, about a year old, just seeing if I need to add a serial port/card?

I have a Graphtec FC7000MK-75, use with Toshiba laptop windows xp  only use usb ,,purchased feb '08  I have never had a connectivity problem,  love my cutter, well worth the investment.

I think the problem is with the pcut, not the USB connection. I think the jacks on the pcuts are garbage. You probably won't have the same problem on the graphtec.

I think that most of the problems people have with the usb connection stems from Vista. I very, very rarely talk to a customer that is having problems with their usb on XP, but nearly every day I talk to people having usb problems on Vista. This is not just with the PCut but with all of the cutters we sell. I am not saying that the usb port in the pcut is infallible but from my experience Vista is the culprit most of the time.