Sign in to follow this  
Guest fivestar

Presets?

Guest fivestar

Is there any way to set presets on the mh 721?  Every time I turn off the machine and then back on it is set to 12 inch and 0 g.

Oh and billy hughes how do you do that art work with this machine?  I am using flexi and it tells me I need to set up a printer and I try to set it up with my plotter but it doesn't work.  BTW, you did some beautiful work on this machine.

This is the first time I have ever used a plotter in my life, so be gentle with me... :huh:  Actually I have made some pretty impressive cuts with this machine.

When I boot mine up,it boots with 24 i.p.s. and 100g downforce everytime.I just have to make a mental note to check the settings before I cut or plot.I did the art with the cutter.Most of them were ran in the advanced tab in flexi as a single job-send all colors-pause after each color.That gives you a chance to change the pen to the next color.And when you send it as a single job,you never move the product you're plotting on.Just remember to seperate the overlap before you send it to plot,or you will have your colors printing on top of each with a solid pattern.It doen't show you that in the preview before plotting.You also have to slow it down when you are plotting.If you run it at 36 -48 i.p.s.,it will run faster than the pens can supply the ink to the tip.Thanks!I'm glad you like my work.If you have made impressive cuts,you should post some pictures in the tips and tricks section.

Guest fivestar

Alright I got something wierd going on.  If I disconnect my USB cable and turn the plotter on it is set at 24 Inch and 100G but if my USB cable is plugged in then it is 12 Inch and 0 G. 

Marcel you have any ideas as to why, and could someone else that has it hooked up to USB try this? 

Thanks all

I have also had this happen many times.  Normally,  I can turn off the machine then unplug the USB Cable from the machine and wait a min or so.  Then Plug the USB cable back in, wait for it to register on your computer ( I hear a type of beep when the computer recognizes a new USB connection is active ) then turn on the machine.  Once, I had to reboot the computer as well before it would go back to a normal setting.

I have one of the 12 inch plotters that I'm using for a demo and it acts as Billy described booting up at speed 24 and force 100g. I tried a number of combinations disconnecting the USB and restarting the plotter but it remains the same each time. I tested a much older model and it started at speed 08 and force 90g. The manufacturer has changed motherboards a few times during upgrades so some plotters may start at different settings.

I don't think the USB cable should interfere with the settings on the plotter itself. You might test this out on another computer using the parallel cable and see if you get the same results. Otherwise you might want to try reinstalling the USB driver or updating it with the driver located on the mini disk you got with the plotter. It could be possible the USB driver is corrupted or windows installed a generic USB driver. One more thing to try is using a different USB port on your computer. USB and windows don?t always work well together so sometimes you have to plug your device into another port or reboot to get the device working properly. I?ve experienced this with a number of USB devices and different versions of windows.

Guest fivestar

I just tried it with parralell cable and it works fine.  I tried it on another computer and it does the same thing on that computer.  I have tried different USB ports on each different computer and it still starts at 12inch and 0 G.  I am running XP Pro with SP2 on both machines and I don't know if that is what is causing it or not.  I also notice it has a different "warm up" sound when it starts at 24inch 100 G and 12inch 0 G also.  I will continue to investgate this problem and will post my findings.  I have to use USB as my serial and parrallel ports and all being used by other devices.  So for now it is unplug the USB cable before I turn the machine on and then plug it back in.

Please do let us know any results you find. USB is a quirky technology but overall has a lot of benefits. I suspect it may be a problem with the driver rather than the plotter. If you go to the driver in the control panel you can view the properties of it and then go to the driver tab to update driver. You might have to uninstall it first if updating is not an option. If you first used the CD disk to install the driver try using the downloadable driver from our website. You can download the driver from the main page at www.uscutter.com in the downloads section.