HySpeed

Etched Glass

Very nice  :P.  Ive been wanting to try this out for a few months, but havent gotten around to ordering a kit yet. 

It wasn't a kit. I picked up a bottle at Michaels and a small paint brush. I cut out the vinyl out and applied it to the glass. Brushed it on and waited about 10 minutes then washed it off with water then pulled the vinyl off.

Oh right on, Ive only ever seen the kits.  The closest craft type store to me is 80+ miles away, so I do alot of internet shopping.  Looks like great fun though  :P

Yeah, i think it would be chaper to order it then. I want learn to make mirrors also and do an etch then silver it.

I  have used armor etch alot, on coffe and beer mugs,,

and i was limited to the stencils which were very expensive,, i cannot wait to try the vinyl,

Thanks Guys

good job, that reminds us never to forget those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for their country. :) :) :P

regards duke

Armour Etch is the best. I tried it on a glass Saturday. Now I have 4 sets of glasses waiting to be done fro X-Mas presents!

dont forget those huge beer mugs at the dollar tree,, we etch those and use for coffee,,lol

I thought about that after my last post. I'll head back up there in the morning to buy those out too. The girl at the checkout looked at my kinda funny when I bought all those frames.

I just picked up a bunch of clear glass ornaments at Michaels. All 70% off.

70 % off is a great price on the ornaments,, i hope you got lots,,... I always get funny looks too at the dollar store, getting glassware,,,,the sad part is they wrap every one in that pretty paper,, i dont want to throw that paper away,, lol

It wasn't a kit. I picked up a bottle at Michaels and a small paint brush.

Michael's ran a 50% off coupon here this week.  You might want to check your local store.  That knocks the 22 0z. jar down from $35.00 to $17.50.

What type of vinyl do most people use for glass etching ? :thumbsup:

I don't think the type of vinyl is as important as making sure it is adhered completely, especially where the acid etch meets the vinyl. Otherwise you won't have crisp edges because the acid will seep below the vinyl.

I have been the pieces i have left over,, from projects,, that i would normally use on windows ,wall, ect

This is such a good job. I use to do acid etching with the armour etch but I didn't have stencils so I used masking tape and had to use an exacto knife to cut out the design. Lots of work I am so glad that we can now use vinyl as stencil to do this kind of work. It is amazing all the cool stuff that our cutters can do! Thanks so much for sharing!

Christi

Dragging up an old post...

I tried the Armor Etch this weekend and while it worked nice is there any way to get a stronger etch? I tried it on a old jar and it etched but not as deeply as i would have preferred after about 10 minutes. Does the quality of the glass make a difference? Maybe applying it twice?

try sandblasting it

see some of my pictures if like go to members search look for my name and click on the ones i got pictures of and also some other pple have sandblasted several also not just me hope this helps