Jackie J

Reflective black Vinyl for Firemen...

My local small town fire dept, wants to put names on their helmets. They want Black Reflective vinyl.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use and where to get it? Any help would be greatly apprectiated. Thank you ..

I Can't find Black..:)?

Well I wonder WTH happened, it was on there when I posted the link last night.  They could have run out of it in their inventory.  You could try calling them and finding out if they still carry it.  I dont know, Im confused though  :)

I just clicked the "Click For Details tab they have on that page I posted, and it lists black in the color choices in there, but still no longer have a bubble to select black to order :P

I Can't find Black..:)?

Well I wonder WTH happened, it was on there when I posted the link last night.  They could have run out of it in their inventory.  You could try calling them and finding out if they still carry it.  I dont know, Im confused though  :)

I just clicked the "Click For Details tab they have on that page I posted, and it lists black in the color choices in there, but still no longer have a bubble to select black to order :P

I checked it out also and it was there.

Jackie

Might be more than you want, but signwarehouse carries the Oralite 5600 series reflective film in Black, but the smallest roll you can buy is 15" X 10 yards >

http://www.signwarehouse.com/VORRF561510-p-VOR5600-1510-070.html  :)

Steve.

[/qu ote]

I might be interested in slpitting a roll  :P

Before you stick anything onto a firefighters helmet that is in service you need to make sure that sticker material complies with NFPA 1971-2000.  If the helmet catches fire you'll be in jail, sued, or both.

Thanks for all the help.. I ordered from signwarehouse and heres what I sent to the fire sgt.

Engineer Grade 48000 (EG) - A 6.9 mil, 7 year outdoor durable reflective vinyl. EnduraLITE EG 48000 is a retro-reflective sheeting material designed for many types of commercial signs, industrial, striping and fleet decal applications. Meets the federal specification requirements. Apply in temperatures of 68