SIGNMAN

help with poor cutting

hi im having problems with the finished quality of the cutter , it cuts the image out fine but there always seems to be some very tiny cut marks in various places on the cut image.

its where its been cutting and the blade seems to make a slight "nick",

also having problems with some straight lines it seems to cut , then cut slightly higher only a fraction thoough

any ideas ;D?

Check your blade for any gunk or vinyl pieces...Make sure your vinyl is set strait in the machine/on the rollers...Thats a start...

this is the cutter i have i have no idea what make it is ,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIGN-MAKING-VINYL-CUTTER-PLOTTER-34-871mm_W0QQitemZ180314589292QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item180314589292&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

and im using artcut to design and cut from ,

ive checked all the obvious - new blade , straighten vinyl , cutting speed and force

Looks like a Refine series to me. Make sure the little white wheels behind the carriage are sitting up ON the track, and that they have not popped loose and are now sitting in front of the track.

I assume the test cut from the unit is bad as well?

hi

carriage is fine

i just did a cut from signblazer trial mode which i have not done before and it cuts way better, so i think it may be the artcut software,

the problem i have now is any corners/pointed edges are cutting slightly rounded

Make sure the blade is barely sticking out of the blade holder, and maybe use a little more downforce pressure.

What are the results of the test cut from the unit itself? Rounded corners still?

i have gone back to artcut which i am used to as the same is happening in SB,

i have realised the problem is the point where it starts and ends on say a letter , it doesnt join straight ,

if you can understand what i mean as its hard to explain

hi

ive added a pic of a cut image to try and explain ,

you may be able to see the problem at the top of the big A , top of the I , and centre of the D,

its where the start and end point of one letter dont line upp and and have a timy raise in them or the blade cuts into the letter

hope somebody can help , i spent about an hour and 3metres of vinyl , adjusting the compensations and blade settings

is that something i can adjust myself easily

Yes indeed. To get to the feed roller belt, it should be under the left side casing (looking at the unit from the front). Make sure belt is not loose or slipping. Also you could remove the belt, and make sure the sprocket does not have any play either. Little alan wrench to tighten screws on sprocket. Same wrench used to tighten feed rollers if they are loose.

if i move the blade to one end ,i can pull the belt out about an inch and it also moves up and down , is this normal for it to have some play , or should it be tight

A little play is fine, but if you got an inch of play, it could be slipping a bit when cutting.