Hello,

I just bought the Refine MH 721 and it is not connecting to my computer. My computer did recognise that I plugged it in but the CD that came with it did not work. So I installed the driver from the website and my computer said that it was successful. I cannot get it to cut from SignCut X2 though. I set the settings to match my cutter but still nothing. I've restarted the computer as well. I just cannot get it to cut. I also checked the Com port and the driver was on Com4 and the software is set to com4. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure you have your manufacturer set to Refine, and the cutter set to Refine MH/ EH 721, and the device set to COM4. Do not change the baud rate to 4800 as SigNCut suggests, leave it at 9600. The baud on the cutter itself always defaults to 9600.

Also, verfy that COM4 is the port the USB is using by looking in your device manager under the Ports category if you have not already.

If your USB installed to COM3, then set SignCut to communicate through COM3

HEY!

I have my manufacturer set to Refine, and the cutter set to Refine MH/ EH 1351, and the device set to COM4. I have tried the baud rate to 4800 as SigNCut suggests, and 9600 . I still can't get it to cut. I'm useing the USB connection and it it does recordnize new hardware. When I try cut from signcut the printer icon will pop up like it's communicating with plotter and the icon will stay there for about 5 minutes and go away. It don't give a error massege. I Also, verfied that COM4 is the port the USB is using.

HELP ;D

If you have the MH1351, then your settings sound correct. I would leave the baud at 9600 because that is the baud the cutter defaults to when power cycled.

You could try another USB cable if you have one available. Most printer USB cables will work. You might also try to set the USB to COM5 or higher in case there is a conflict with COM4.