Sign in to follow this  
sayitanywhere

Downloaded new version, cutter going crazy!

I just downloaded the new version, and the first few attempts- nothing happened until I clicked abort, and then it made a small cut.  Now the blade moves up and down all crazy.  I let it run through it's craziness and then tried again, and it did it again.  IT seems to communicate with the machine now, but it won't cut what I want.  I was making a small 2 in x 3 in decal, but it goes across the whole 24 inch machine.  Any ideas? 

I have been reading to reinstall driver, but I am not sure how. It's been a long time since I first installed sign cut and had a problem with it.  Most of the time turning of the computer/cutter and rebooting sign cut has fixed my problems in the past, but not this time.

Thanks.

check your settings. When you dl the new version,it might have changed them.

i made sure I had the right manufacturer, cutter and port.  It communicates with the computer, it just goes crazy and doesn't cut what i ask it too...

The test button works, and cuts the square and diamond... now everytime I send something to cut, the blade goes all the way to the other side of the cutter, and tries to keep going making an awful noise.  I made sure my driver was updated...  I shouldn't have updated my signcut version!

Re calibrate it. It happened to me once. I use SignCut X2.

You might be wanting to cut a 5" decal but it may be interpreting it as 24", 50" or who knos.

Could be.

Joe