marcuso

Where would you like your business to go? How can we help?

We are interested in moving into other product categories.  I would like to start a discussion about how our members see their business grow and progress.

What are the tools that USCutter can provide to help you take your business to the next level?  I have found two product categories that I think may be a good fit for our business.  One is laser engravers and the other is CNC machines.  Are any of you interested?  Do you think that it would add to the value of your business?  Lets get a discussion going....

Engravers and CNC would be awesome! I'd like to get a solvent printer first, though.

Silk Screen materials for printing to t-shirts or signs...

Possibly a pad printer??? to print to pens and irregular shapped items...

Heat Presses??? These are sometimes pricey, can you sell cheap like the Refine?

Mouse pads. Wrestling singlets. Shorts. Tote bags. I can think of many possibilities.

I think a 15 inch or larger could be suitable for most of our needs... there are hat presses out there, although not extremmely popular...

I need to get a heat press soon,,, got some shirts that need to be done up,,

I would say heat presses also. You can use your plotter for signs and decals, but for shirts too. Paople love custom t shirts and if any member would like to gat a piece of that market, he will need a heat press for sure.

Heat press gets my vote too.But vinyl and other supplies would be great. There is a lot to be said for one-stop-shopping!

My partner & I purchased a US Cutter as a side line to our printing company.  After receiving the cutter I  think we both have realized the vinyl  business may over take the printing in a very short time. Keep it up US Cutter!!!

I think before you expand you should improve.

For last 3 days (1/24/08)  I was trying to get some info about your new laser point cutter.

Instead of information I asked for I am every time brushed off and my question ignored.

There is no manual and no detailed technical information. No explanation how your optical sensor in this cutter works, and if it is in fact optical sensor.

Why on the pictures I saw on e-bay (of your cutter) there is no registration marks printed besides the image., and if your cutter requires such marks?

Your guy answering doesn't know what is "kiss cut" etc. Apparently sleeping behind the wheel or to busy waiting for the brake time.

Only after I explained to him that every vinyl cutter should be capable to do "kiss cut" he is agreeing with me.

Still I do not know what are actual capabilities of this cutter are!!!!

Where is this information.?

You do not sell bred, or beer simple and self explanatory products.

You DO sell technical tool which suppose to be improvement over other existing ones.

Amazing that you really do not care about your own business and try to explain to willing and ready customer advantages of your product.

Apparently this product must be not yours since appear you have little or no technical knowledge about it.

:bang:

Maybe if you used the forum we could help you out.

I think every person on this forum understands that these are imported items that are a fraction of the cost of professional models yet they work just as good.

I think US Cutter is growing possibly faster than they anticipated and just recently moved into a new location.

If you post your questions on here I'm sure someone will help you just like they've helped out the 1900 memebers.

Yes, sorry. I had never heard of a kiss cut. I am such an idiot.....man am I going to lose sleep over that one....        :notsure:

We only sell the cutters. We do not have a sign shop, or t-shirt shop, or banner shop, yet we simply offer affordable solutions for the industry. Does not mean or imply that we are experts in the field by any means, and I will be the first to admit that I learn something new every day from the wonderful contributors to this forum community.

I answered every question you asked to the best of my knowledge, and if it did not suffice, well shucks......that is what our forums are for. I am trained on setting up our cutters with the included software, and troubleshooting the communication issues when they arise. I even go beyond our scope of support and spend time configuring our cutters with 3rd party software such as Flexi, SignGo, and others....

If you thought you were talking to Mr. Summa when you emailed with questions, then I have bad news, I am only Ken. I try hard to please everyone, but understand that this is an impossible task, such as your case.

As for the LaserPoint, it is still our newest unit, and for reasoning unknown to myself, the manufacturer has not shipped us any with documentation or manuals. They are the exact same thing as the Creation PCut though, and we do send PCut manuals out when requested. The only difference is the casing and color of the unit, and the Laser feature. The laser is NOT an optical eye that "reads" registration marks, yet is used to align with two reg. marks on the pre-printed material, and once that is done, allows you to contour cut.

I could get into more details, but wow, lookie there.....it's BREAK TIME AGAIN!!     :jumping:

Actually I though the quick start sheet US Cutter put in the box was straight to the point and it worked perfect.  The manuals for the machines themselves could definately use some improvement but I don't know that US Cutter should need to recreate an entire manual, have it printed and then raise the cost of the machines to cover the printing of the manual. If you read their business model on the main page you would see that. 

In any electronics you expect to see some lemons and even more so with import items like these but considering the price it was definatley worth the risk to me.  I see people on here talking about how this machine is making them lose money because it's holding up jobs.... Why would you take a chance like that if you have work set up? For testing the waters to see if this is want you want to do these are perfect. If it does hold up for hard core commercial use then that's even better!

I just thought that I would add my own input.

I feel that jacek has a point, and I feel much the same way.  Although your product are great and useful, there is no good documentation, or support.

This forum is a good resource, but no everyone's questions get answered.  I think that if you could, it would be nice to make you own manuals, and give exact instructions on how to do EVERYTHING.  This would take time, and/or money.  Just what I've thought.

As I have said before, I would be interested in helping.

He certainly has a point when it comes to limited documentation. Our support is great within the scope, meaning we can sell you the equipment, and help you configure it with your computer, but we do not have the time or manpower to offer walk through tutorials on the signmaking industry, which several people request. Especially with all of the beginners. That is why this forum is in place. So you can get assistance from those in the industry. I suppose if we charged more, we could fund a boost in manpower and get some of these things taken care of right away. Instead, we choose to offer the units at a rock-bottom price with very little margin. I do not hear complaints about the price.......

With that said, we do have the manual and documentation on our to do list, but also need to take care of the customers who have a non-functioning machine, or need help setting it up with their computers, or need to find the drivers, or have questions about what we offer, or need to place an order, or need their machine serviced, or need a part............so getting the manual updated is something that will have to wait until I have the time, or help to do so.  :help:

It is just me......and I do not even take an hour for lunch, so the sleeping and break time comments were out of line, and I apologize if I was a bit sarcastic.

:rolleyes:

I know how ya feel Ken! I work ten hours a day and my lunch time is pretty much how fast I can eat it before the next customer comes through the door.  :rolleyes:

I know how ya feel Ken! I work ten hours a day and my lunch time is pretty much how fast I can eat it before the next customer comes through the door.  :rolleyes:

Indeed.....with me it is eat before the phone rings again.

:)

As stated, this are SIMPLE MACHINES. They wont make you coffee or wash your car, they will only cut vinyl. I think there is just too little to learn about them: Connection>Turning them ON> Placing vinyl> Removing Vinyl. That aint hard as I see it.

Yeah, sometimes there are communication problems, but they can be solved with the forum help.

I didnt know a thing about cutters before I got my USCutter Refine, but it didnt take much to learn.

What is it that you need? A complete diagram of the interior parts? Theres not much to learn.

Ken you Rock!!!!

Joe

There are some people out there buying cutters that dont even know what an .eps is or what weeding is but still, with the help pf the wonderful people here they master the biz, cuz cutters are not the problem, as I said, they are easy to learn...

Your question is. How we can help?

I did not mention previously couple of cutters available currently on the market with the registration sensor. actually from what I was able to see searching your board today your "laser point" this is Cutter with the registration sensor I was asking about. Craft Robo, Wishblade, Craftmate (uk) Roland , Summa etc, all of them  have exactly same improvement and this is only type of cutter I can seriously consider for my work.

It is just pity that you are not familiar with industry you are trying to serve, and competition out there.

There is no question for me that I would spend $1500 for Roland CX with the registration mark sensor If I could right now since the support and quality they offer is high.

It never hurts to know your product or to explain to client that you do not know. Simply preventing him from having bad opinion about the seller.

I have been in sales all my life selling tangible and nontangible products in 6 countries. I saw enough to tell you that you can easily improve your business, and sales and insulate yourself from competition (is coming) if you will post little bit information about your product.

It is not so much work considering that you are not selling hundreds of different cutters just few.

It will save your time and energy for better tasks.

This is just common sense.

Nobody is trying to hurt you. Fact that somebody is spending time on your forum and is pointing your weak points is actually good for you if you are listening to your clients.

I have one suggestion. Would you please post list of compatible programs on your web site. The Blazer elements from my point of view is not so great.

In fact I would like to avoid use of this software at all cost.

Right now I am afraid that I am going purchase machine and not able to use it because the software is too cumbersome.

Seems to me that even scrapbooking "Fun Time Pro" is much better. and I can use this program for several different cutters I mentioned above.

The question is? Is your machine compatible too with this little beauty too?