Guest Schramm

YouTube - Antique Mirroring a Nameplate

Im very interested in adding items to my store.  I have access to free glass but would like to know what the process is and what chemicals to use.

Thanks for any and all info. 

That is fantastic how you do that!  Great job ;D

Guest Schramm

The products that I use (as you can see are not shown) as I use a very old family recipe 1908 that was given to me by my grandfather.  It involves some knowledge of chemicals, mixing and storage.  I show the videos to show what I do with my plotter.  I have been doing this for about 20 years and was professionally trained how to deal with these chemicals.  To be honest it is fun to watch but there is a ton more involved in the process then what I show.  Most of it is my personal trade secrets.  I will keep them coming so you can watch though as I shoot them all the time while I am trying new ideas (good and bad) so that I can save the process incase I love the results.  Kinda a modern day way of taking notes!  LOL

Rob

do you have a starter solution that us newbies could us to just play around? this looks like it could be fun.

Guest Schramm

I dont know, I use a tub that I bought off them a year ago to do a video shoot but make my own silvering soltions.  They are very good people and the kit is great if you want to learn how to silver.  I dont know of any silvering formulas that would need formeldahyde but who knows.  Just so you know that kit is nice but there is a lot of stuff not shown in my videos that you have to know or it will fail and the kit only does 8 sf of mirror.  But if you want to play it is a great place to start.