Sign in to follow this  
Jemmies

Refine MH721 works with Artcut but not FlexiSign Pro 8.1? PLEASE HELP!

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a Refine MH721. It works great through Artcut, but just cuts gibberish when I send through Flexisign 8.1, any ideas? I really don't like Artcut and would like to use Flexi because I am familiar with the program. I have tried USB, Serial, and LPT ports. I have also tried Roland PNC 1000, CT-630, and Graphtec Drivers. Nothing seems to help. What am I doing wrong?

The Roland PNC-1000 is the only driver I would try with Flexi.....and if possible, use the 9-pin Serial port. Does the Test cut from the Production Manager come out OK?

No, even the test cut comes out as zig zag random lines. I'll try setting up with the 9 pin serial port and PNC 1000 again. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.

Okay, I've completely reinstalled everything. I now have it connected with the 9 pin serial cable and am using PNC1000 driver. Everything matches fine in Printer Setup properties and Flexi's Production manager.

When sending through COM1 and COM2, Production manager Status says "cannot open" and cutter does nothing.

When sending through COM3, nothing happens and Status remains blank.

When sending through COM4, Status say "Sending... 100%" but cutter does nothing.

Test cut from Production manager does nothing on all 4 ports.

I'm starting to think I have a dodgy serial cable? I'm getting a new one to try tonight, fingers crossed!

Incase the new cable doesn't resolve the problems, do you have any other ideas?

Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Guest fivestar

Okay, I've completely reinstalled everything. I now have it connected with the 9 pin serial cable and am using PNC1000 driver. Everything matches fine in Printer Setup properties and Flexi's Production manager.

When sending through COM1 and COM2, Production manager Status says "cannot open" and cutter does nothing.

When sending through COM3, nothing happens and Status remains blank.

When sending through COM4, Status say "Sending... 100%" but cutter does nothing.

Test cut from Production manager does nothing on all 4 ports.

I'm starting to think I have a dodgy serial cable? I'm getting a new one to try tonight, fingers crossed!

Incase the new cable doesn't resolve the problems, do you have any other ideas?

Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Refine cutters use a special serial cable, I'm not sure what the difference between their cables and a standard serial cable is, but I know there is a difference.

Guest fivestar

try a null modem serial cable.

John I don't think it's a null cable either.  I read somewhere about a different pin configuration, but he could try a null cable.

that's what I ordered the last time I bought one and it worked fine. Maybe I just got lucky though.

Since my last post I've had someone over to try to figure this out for me and he's now got it receiving data through the Serial cable, but it's just gibberish (zig zag lines, makes no sense, random deep cuts,the same pattern everytime). Same thing with the test print with Flexi. This is what happens through LPT, USB and serial ports.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

It's as if it's getting the info, but just doesn't know what to do with it.

Need Help please. Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

try a null modem serial cable.

John I don't think it's a null cable either.  I read somewhere about a different pin configuration, but he could try a null cable.

From what I understand the only difference between your standard serial cable and a null modem cable is the pin config. Im sure the internet would answer this question in a jiffy.

a null modem cable has more communication than a regular cable,for things like handshaking.Normally this sisn't a problem BUT remember that Chinese cutters are still a bit behind the rest,technology-wise.In my particular case, a null cable solved the problem.

Tried the Null modem cable too, nothing.

The cutter still works perfect with Artcut software. I'm now going to approach Flexi for support, it must be a software or setting issue.

Thanks for all the advice!

I use the Roland PNC-1100 driver, the PNC-1000 driver doesn't seem to support the full width of the cutter were the 1100 driver does, works great for me.