Sign in to follow this  
mich

Re: *******PCut freeze up issue while cutting!!!*******

Hi Guys,

a quick post to let you know about another solution to this, what appears to be, all too common issue with the Pcut plotters. I've followed the *******PCut freeze up issue while cutting!!!******* thread with interest and checked everything, just like the user did, but I just could not get my plotter to stop hanging mid-way through a cut. I then did some more research into the problem and found an article on a UK plotter forum. They said that they got rid of the issue by stopping to use the Production Manager in FlexiSign Pro. Either that or they simply used the PLTdraw utility that comes with the plotter.

I had a look into disabling the Production Manager for Flexisign pro, but couldn't find the setting. I then used PLTdraw to cut a large and complex number of shapes that would always freeze before. This time it worked!!! :thumbsup:

I'm very happy now. It looks like that if one still has issues after adjusting all the settings and/or changing cables, it could all be down to the pesky production manager software that simply doesn't do its job properly.

The only drawback of this solution (not for me) is that PLTdraw only recognizes PLT files. Illustrator and Photoshop don't do these, so you'd have to use Corel Draw.

Happy plottering!! :thumbsup:

Mich