muddytires

24'' pcut cutter

thats odd... Didnt know that they were going to sell creation plotters... But, i tell you what... they have this quote in there ebay listing...

Amazing, easy-to-use software that blows away any other bundled software. This is a full-version software that retails for $299. Because we sell so many vinyl cutters, we are able to offer this outstanding software along with our vinyl cutters!

They are not lying... SignBlazer is 100 times better than signcut.

We are now including an outstanding, easy-to-use software package called SignBlazer Elements with this vinyl cutter. This software is simply amazing. It combines the powerful features of programs like Flexi along with unmatched ease of use! Does it sound too good to be true? Download the trial from ColorChrome First before you buy and spend an hour making sign layouts and see just how amazing this software is. This package comes with free updates to new versions for one year from activation. We are sure you will absolutely love this software, and if you don't, feel free to take advantage of our 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee!

Feature and Specifications for SignBlazer Elements

Must have Internet connection to activate

Compatible with Windows XP and Vista

Font-find that automatically matches scanned fonts - WOW!!!

Easy to use & very productive cutter interface

Cutter movement optimisation - optimise for vinyl feeding (long cut jobs) or cutter head movement.

Dynamic font handling

Find files visually

Save many files into one file

Clustered text tools

Best and Easiest Node Edit

Relevant and useful SignArt? (ClipArt), Logos & Symbol Libraries  subset

Attach notes to objects/files

Stretch objects non-proportionally

Auto file-backup and file-recovery

Cut Direction control for Routing - also displays cut movements on-screen as it cuts

Multiple access Zoom functions (11 types)

Align, Scale, Rotate, and Skew

Guide Lines with 'snap to' and align, and many other options

On-screen Grid Lines with 'snap to'

Duplicate and Replicate

Arrays - rectangular, circular, border

Expand/Outline/Inline tool with offset

Combine and Split vector Objects

Multiple Group and Ungroup

Multifunction 'T-bar', Hot/Function Keys

Comprehensive Import and Export

Postscript files - now imports more complex .ps, .eps and ai files

Unlimited Undo and Redo

'Polyline' vector drawing tool

Circle/Ellipse drawing tool - 7 types

'Select' - all, none and by color

On-screen Selection Box tools

Square/Rectangle with corner styles

Auto tiling and cut by color

Cutter/Plotter spool manager

Vinyl Saver? and Easy Weed?

Popup user configurable Tool Palette

User configurable Toolbar

Welding Tools - 2 types

Arrow drawing tool

Advanced Node Edit tools

Mirror functions - 6 types

Auto Border & Panel Styles drawing tools - 1 style libraries

Text: On-screen typing & Split text lines

Multifunction Measurement tool

Auto File Save and file Backup

Wireframe, Background and Full Render views

200 TrueSign? Fonts with guide

Text on an Arc and on a Circle

8 Distortion functions with preview

Color & B/W Photo Image Cut  B/W

Color printing of images with preview

4 Block and Perspective Shadow functions

Scan (both color & B/W) directly into the program

B/W images to vector images for cutting (Raster to Vector)

Convert vector objects to bitmaps (Vector to Raster)

ColorWhiz? and custom Color Palettes

Convert between image color depths

Capture and Save Favorite Colors

Color Tron support for color calibration

Seamless transfer of 1/8/24bit images to Adobe Photoshop? & Adobe ImageReady?

Custom Screen Layout preferences

Skins support, including XP style skins

Mouse Wheel zoom & panning support

USB, parallel and serial port printer support

Auto save of user settings

I guess that I have sort of let the cat out of the bag on this one.  For those of you who have been trying it out, you are free to discuss....

We are now bundling Signblazer, and for anybody that is not using Illustrator, Corel, or a Mac, I honestly think it is the way to go.

As far as the question regarding differences between our other models, I think the description is accurate.  Parts quality and design of the PCUT are certainly of a higher caliber than the Refines.  Our failure rate on the Refine models has been relatively high, and while I assumed that over time, the manufacturer would implement a quality improvement process, it seems that they are simply interesting in figuring out how to produce more machines.  As such, I went out in search of a better product.  The PCUT line while not perfect, is a very mature product and has a strong reputation.  I always assumed that the pricing would be in the same ballpark as our Copam machines, but after probably 100+ hours of negotiating, we were able to get our pricing down to a reasonable level....  While still higher than the Refines, I would suggest that anybody considering a plotter purchase only chose between the PCUT or Copam.

Now with regard to the Copam, I am going to stick with what I have been saying all along.  The Copam is THE MACHINE for professionals.  It is much sturdier and heavier than ANY import plotter.  It was engineer by Tiawanees rather than Chinese and quality was chosen over price.  I am sure that anybody that is using a Copam will atest to this statement (please feel free to chime in)!

I think that maybe QC needs to improve at the Refine facility...

I have a Refine, Never a problem, not once, never...

So i believe that its hit or miss......

Are you planning on discontinuing the Refine Cutters?

I appreciate the honesty. I look forward to purchasing a cutter from uscutter. Also will you be selling spare parts for the pcut machines ?

Guest fivestar

I guess that I have sort of let the cat out of the bag on this one.  For those of you who have been trying it out, you are free to discuss....

You mean there have been test users on the software and I wasn't invited?  ;D

Sign Blazer....Rolls Royce

SignCut....Pinto (if you are old enough to remember)

Signblazer is as good as any software I have ever used and the BEST for a beginner. Period. Tater said more than I am gonna say because he said it all.

And to be honest ( my mother wouldn't let me lie) US cutter has the BEST SUPPORT,hands DOWN, of any seller I have ever dealt with . KEN is the hardest working tech guy in the business,and probably would come to your house if you paid his expenses. Message to US cutter owner...whatever you are paying Ken,it isn't enough. He is your best asset,with Marcus being next.

Geez...Up until now I've had no regrets purchasing a CP-2500 with SignCut.

But after reading all the hype about SignBlazer I can't help but feel a little remorse.

You mean there have been test users on the software and I wasn't invited?  :)

I invited the top five posters on our board, and you were one of them....  Did you miss the email?

Sign Blazer Elements is SO user friendly...  It is so simple to operate and best of all, it has the design and cut features all in the same program... No more exporting from InkScape To signcut...

I normally always recomend WinPCSign, However... SignBlazer is alot easier to use! and has just about all the same features as WinPCSign.

Flexi is still the best i would say...  More for the advanced vinyl cutter. 

and last, AND LEAST... SignCut...

Ok, so if I understand it right...SignBlazer would replace signcut?? Would I still use my CorellDraw? From the description on the website it looks like it does way more than signcut, but does it take the place of both signcut and a graphics program like CorellDraw? :-

Guest fivestar

You mean there have been test users on the software and I wasn't invited?  :)

I invited the top five posters on our board, and you were one of them....  Did you miss the email?

I never recieved a thing from you.  Maybe use PM next time, since the top 5 posters would definitely see the PM. 

That's alright, I was just kind of feeling left out.  :D

Well i puchased a creation 24'' pcut from uscutter today with the signblazer package, or should i say lucky enough to win at a good price. Can't wait to receive it and test it all out.

Hopefully you will add a pcut and signblazer section on the community forums. Thanks ! :D

Ok, so if I understand it right...SignBlazer would replace signcut?? Would I still use my CorellDraw? From the description on the website it looks like it does way more than signcut, but does it take the place of both signcut and a graphics program like CorellDraw? :-

Pretty much... No other design software is needed, however, you can still design in your prefered program and then import into SignBlazer and cut that way...

But yes, SignBlazer is far more advanced then SignCut...

Congrats on the auction win. Feel free to contact me if you need assistance in setting it up.

:)

PS- Thanks for the praise BannerJohn, but Marcus is my mentor and has taught me well. Without him, I would be blind.    :)

Congrats on the auction win. Feel free to contact me if you need assistance in setting it up.

;D

PS- Thanks for the praise BannerJohn, but Marcus is my mentor and has taught me well. Without him, I would be blind.    :)

BS Filter on:

PS- Thanks for the praise BannerJohn, but Marcus is my mentor boss and has taught me well thrown me to the lions. Without him, I would be blind.  He also signs my paychecks.  :D

wow, people actually saying they like the pcut? I have the creation pcut 630 and absolutely HATE the thing. I'm wanting to replace it with the Refine MH721 and once I get the Refine, I will probably use the pcut as target practice! I've had NOTHING but bad luck with this piece of junk. 4 out of 5 jobs will screw up by just randomly cutting a line all the way across the page until it hits the shut-off switch...I can't cut more than 1 decal design at a time or it just stops and will show "Waiting" on the lcd screen for hours without ever doing anything else. I would never recommend it to anyone based on the problems I've had with it. Granted, I bought mine about 2 yrs ago from signwarehouse so I don't know if USCutters would be any different, but I for one hate it and would do anything to turn back time and not buy the stupid thing.

every problem you mentioned,I have seen posted about the refine. Most were software or computer related,not the plotter.As for the stopping thing,sounds like a communication problem. In short,I don't think the problems you have been having are in the cutter.

Try searching these forums for answers to your problems.

I have tried cutting using usb and serial with the pcut and I have tried coreldraw x3 with sign tools, artcut, signcut x2, flexi, cibercut, vinyl master pro....ALL of them result in wasted vinyl. It actually got to the point where I was turning down big jobs because I knew it would result in more wasted material than usable either that or I would have to sit and tell the machine to cut each decal separately (which is a pain in the a@@ when you get an order of over 500 of the same thing). Hopefully I will have better luck with the new machine I just won on ebay because if not, I guess I will just close down shop until I have the money to buy a $1500+ machine. It really sucks when I'm outperformed by someone I know with a little 8" vinyl cutter just because he can tell it to cut 500 decals and actually walk away from his machine without worrying about it screwing up the vinyl.