morehpforme

Transfer problems, only with black??

Hey everyone,

My first vinyl order consisted of six colors. Since I got my order and cutter I've used and applied all six colors. However, black does not want to leave it's backing. The application tape (EnduraMASK perfect tear) has no problems adhering to the other colors. The vinyl I'm currently using is Oracal 641 Economy. Did I get a "bad" roll of black or is this common?? Any advice on what to do, I've already wasted a few pieces and I don't want to waste any more!

Thanks in advance!!

It sounds like that you have possibly a bad roll... if there are other colors sticking to the substrate, and not the black, then there is def something wrong.  I would try to contact the distributor to see about getting another roll...

BTW... The 641 is pretty bad stuff anyways, I can never get a decal to last more then 90 days when ever i used that stuff..., just my opinion....

Tater,

Thanks.

What would be your recommendation for vinyl? And where to buy, I've heard that signwarehouse (where I originally ordered) are not good business folk.

www.signpile.com  pretty much the only place to buy the GT5... Its great stuff in my opinion... Probably better than FDC.