Guest stunad, jr.

How do you convert a font to single line?

Guest stunad, jr.

I want to convert a font to a single line to use the pen plotter for christmas cards.  I cant seem to figure out how to make it single line.  Can anyone help?  The picture attached shows the font with the cut mask on, you can see it shows double line.  :thumbsup:

post-0-12986529143066_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986529170899_thumb.jpg

been awhile..but I had this problem once, and it had something to do with 'Fill'.

Jay??

Guest stunad, jr.

Im stymied

Think I need to download a single stroke font?  I tried everything on SB.  Maybe I'm missing something!!

Guest stunad, jr.

Highlight all the letters, the click weld, it should take care of all the double lines

thanks kage,

I've tried it but it wont convert the text to single stroke. 

I know on our cnc mill I can put a g code in to convert the text but I think this software only uses ttf files?

try "convert to curve". select the text and then click on "arrange + convert to curves".

bb

try "convert to curve". select the text and then click on "arrange + convert to curves".

bb

That would be my next suggestion,  another thing you could try is the combine option after highlighting all the text.  Whats the name of the font your using, I would like to give it a try if your still having issues.

Guest stunad, jr.

thanks guys,

Kage, any font really.. My wife wanted to use a handwriting font.  But I still cant get any headway.  I see inkscape has a function to convert text to single stroke, but I have yet to attempt it. 

Guest stunad, jr.

Kage,

What I am tying to do is have the cutter cut the font in one stroke, not have the outline.

I hope the pic I posted helps.  The first "A" I drew, that is what I am looking for.  The second is a font(what I dont want)

Thanks for helping!!!!

post-0-12986529267774_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986529296753_thumb.jpg

Ok, now I see what your after.  Ill play around with it alittle to see if I can figure out how to do it.  I was going the wrong direction for what you wanted.

• Like 1

Were you ever able to run it through signblazer? I've been trying to and it keeps connecting the open ends. I want to get exactly what the originator was trying to accomplish and can't seem to figure it out.

I have a few single stroke fonts and ai and signblazer keeps connecting them and not just scripting them out. 

Help?

Can you post an example? What is the name of the font you are trying to use?