arrydjay

Cutter runs over the same line twice??!!

Ok I have a refine MH1351 and im using artcut, Sometimes with some images my cutter runs over the whole image twice....sometimes it doesnt happen, but with some images it just keeps on happening....any idea what is going on?

Maybe you got two images? Had that once in a file i received. Mark it, ungroup, take Select-Tool and try to move it. If it isnt what i guess simply use Back-Button.

nah it isn't two images, I did a trace on corel and imported it into artcut as an eps. There is no double image and i zoomed in really close to see if there was a double line but there isn't. It cuts in pretty much exactly the same place, except on curves and things where it is a tiny bit different because of the way the blade is sitting in the holder. No idea what it is

If you use Corel why not cutting directly from Corel? Im using Winplot and simply have to click a button in Corel to open Winplot. Select frame or unselect frame and start cutting.

As i wrote i had that issue with two images top on top. If it isnt what you have i cant help you out, sry. Did you ungroup and tried different objects to move?

Can post an eps so i could have a look at it?

I forgot, you own a Refine...

I guess Winplot works only with Summa not with Refine. My first cutter was a brandnew Refine 721 and the programm i got with it was SignCut. After the first testcut i sold that crap a week later and bought the Summa D60. Since that day i havent had any problems with cutting stuff. Im doing all kinds of clothes and vinyls. All i can say is get rid of it, invest some more money and buy something usefull. Sry but thats my opinion.

I guess Winplot works only with Summa not with Refine. My first cutter was a brandnew Refine 721 and the programm i got with it was SignCut. After the first testcut i sold that crap a week later and bought the Summa D60. Since that day i havent had any problems with cutting stuff. Im doing all kinds of clothes and vinyls. All i can say is get rid of it, invest some more money and buy something usefull. Sry but thats my opinion.

you should have kept it long enough to learn how to use it. Many of us(myself included) find the refine to be reliable and solid.

In the case of the OP, the problem isn't with the cutter.

And,btw...you are posting on a forum sponsored by the US distributor of Refine...not good manners to trash their product.

I agree that you really didn't even give the refine an honest chance!  Many users here have made PLENTY of money.

Don't be so hasty to judge so quickly!!!

Guest fivestar

Are you on dope?  Crap huh?  I bet you any amount of $$$$ my Refine will cut any graphic as good if not better then your Summa.  As John stated if you would of took the time to learn the machine and software you wouldn't think that way.  You're lucky I'm not a MOD because your ass would be gone so fast your head would spin. 

This is a US Cutter tech support forum not Summa what the #@$% are you even here for.  Man people really get under my skin when I read shit like this.  Tell you what...... you download the file in this thread here http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,3987.0.html and cut and weed it then post your results and lets compare. 

BTW, I made enough off my "piece of crap" to pay for it today alone......Did you make enough off yours today to pay for yours, I think not.

Guest fivestar

I've got $500.00 in 2 Refines......and I've made probably close to $30,000 with those 2 machines.....I'd say that's a pretty good ROI and they are still running as good as the day I hooked them up. 

It really does piss me off to read shit like this......ESPECIALLY ON THIS FORUM...... John you are a MOD and your name is "BANNERJOHN"..........Please BAN HIS ASS.

It amazes me how rude some people are . No reason for that at all . I think the only way some feel better about what they own is to belittle what others have .

Hmm BannerJohn ... Mayby have to be BanhimJohn this time , Huh 5  :huh: ? Mayby You & I could get to be mods for 1 hour per month . rude would not be around here ! John , the othert mods & administrators are too nice .

Guest fivestar

Mayby You & I could get to be mods for 1 hour per month .

Now there's an idea Rodger.  :huh:;D ;D

:huh: wow you guys are tough today!!!  Thanks for saying what I can't at times!

For the record I stand behind  you both 100%..........so no banning of me!  ;D

I am going to wait for his reply. I have a feeling maybe he doesn't know where he is...mistook us for Signs101 maybe? It's the middle of the night in Germany now..so we shall wait and see.

There is no chance of you getting banned  :huh: You are WAY too nice also  :huh: . the only people who have gotten that prize worked VERY hard & were relentless in their goal which they finally got  ;D . They would not take MANY hints/warnings etc . Newbies being rude have a " little " more room because we all know how frustrating things can be at times .

LOL ,  :huh: .. Thanks Jenny .. I feels impotent now !!!

ROFLMAO.....Rodger.....just sing the song........lol.

(hugs)

Hmmm...I think the newbie who started this thread is going to come back for more than they thought they would..lol

Yeah the OP is going to be SURPRISED , but i wonder how surprised the German dude is gonna be . He may not have realized just how rude he was being by calling refine cutters CRAP on here ( at least I hope he didn't ) . Mayby he will man up & apologize . That will work .. " mayby " not get him off of some members " list "  :huh: but would resolve what he said .

( I sing that tune in my head everytime I read 1 of your posts  :huh:  < hugs back > )

Well it would be nice....but lately nothing much surprises me with peoples actions.  Some don't realize to most of us this is 'family'....and a strong one to boot!

Time will tell..........I only think of that song more because of YOU!  :huh: 

Sorry OP we took your thread off topic...but it was fun!!  :huh:

probably get funnier or at least entertaining tomorrow (.... it's always a day away..... )

Refine, crap? Well, indeed the Summa is a better unit all around, and the price point reflects this, no-brainer there. I will take any Refine model and cut the same file as you on your Summa, and we can put them side to side and let people guess which cutter cut which one? $100 says they will not be able to tell.

You do not want to take that bet: save your $100, and buy a blade for your Summa...

Proof: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,3987.0.html

when I was in high school...there was a term..'shot down in flames' that I think applies here. Thanks,Ken.

John , now I have AC/DC " Shot down in Flames " playing in my head . I'm gonna have to wait until Jenny posts again & then it will be Tommy Tutone  :thumbsup: