arrydjay

Cutter runs over the same line twice??!!

Jenny and I do not share the same tastes in music. It is her only fault.

haha definatelly didnt expect this much... Im on a different computer atm, but when I get the chance Ill upload the eps and see if someone else can find out what is goin on....And the refine is cutting everything else perfectly, just a few of these eps imports, so no chance ill be selling it and buying something else.

haha definatelly didnt expect this much... Im on a different computer atm, but when I get the chance Ill upload the eps and see if someone else can find out what is goin on....And the refine is cutting everything else perfectly, just a few of these eps imports, so no chance ill be selling it and buying something else.

:thumbsup:

Seems like i did a mistake calling it crap and telling him to sell it but as i wrote it was just my opinion. I didnt wanted to be rude nor i wanted to piss off someone.

Your right, i didnt realized that USCUTTER is the refine distributor in the states so i apologize for what i wrote. I downloaded the file with the stars and will make a shirt tomorrow with that design to see myself what result will be better. Pic will be posted. Well, if im not getting banned :thumbsup:

Seems like i did a mistake calling it crap and telling him to sell it but as i wrote it was just my opinion. I didnt wanted to be rude nor i wanted to piss off someone.

Your right, i didnt realized that USCUTTER is the refine distributor in the states so i apologize for what i wrote. I downloaded the file with the stars and will make a shirt tomorrow with that design to see myself what result will be better. Pic will be posted. Well, if im not getting banned :thumbsup:

Naw, we figured it was a slip up.    :)

But yea, calling one of the units we offer "crap", might ruffle some feathers, as you have noticed. Many of our customers have more than paid for their Refines tenfold+, and use them day in and day out. The ideal would be to make enough money with the low end unit, and save up for a Roland, or Summa, or GraphTec in the near future. But if the Refine keeps going, and going, and going, then it really is not that important to get a nicer unit if the lower end unit does the trick.

Your Summa have the tangential cutting? We got a T1010Plus in here with that feature to test out, and I tell ya, it sure is sweet. 

;D

You are not going to be banned, so not to worry.

:thumbsup:

my 2 cents .

I think you have reacted maturely & anybody offended will accept your apology  :thumbsup: .  You would have to CONSTANTLY continue to behave badly & be rude to earn banning . The Mods , Administrators etc are VERY easy going & slow to anger . Their great karma filters into the members & everybody benifits .

The ideal would be to make enough money with the low end unit, and save up for a Roland, or Summa, or GraphTec in the near future. But if the Refine keeps going, and going, and going, then it really is not that important to get a nicer unit if the lower end unit does the trick.

Yes, that was exactly why i bought the Refine. But i had problems with cutting a simple logo. Had all settings as discribed from our german forum admin (which also is the only Refine distributor in Germany) but a simple soccer logo from my hometown cutted out like a crappy sign. Will see if i can find it somewhere, i was keeping it as a memory piece, i know. Looking forward for the cut of that starcircle tomorrow.

Was cutting the starcircle file today and here is what i came up with. This is a 400 dpi scan of it with a little pic in the middle. The little pic has a 500% zoom.

Im not sure if its as good as the other pics from the thread with the starcircle file but im sure i will never cut such little objects. Stars cutted out fine but during weeding i lost most of the smallest.

Was cutting the starcircle file today and here is what i came up with. This is a 400 dpi scan of it with a little pic in the middle. The little pic has a 500% zoom.

Im not sure if its as good as the other pics from the thread with the starcircle file but im sure i will never cut such little objects. Stars cutted out fine but during weeding i lost most of the smallest.

Which cutter did you cut this on? What kind of vinyl?

Was cutting this on my Summa D60, Vinyl is Flexi (PoliFlex) for Shirts. Didnt changed any settings on my cutter, cutted as usual with an old 45 degree blade. Speed: 50mm per second, thats about 20 ips i guess.

Speed: 50mm per second, thats about 20 ips i guess.

More like 1.96 inches per second  ;D

Jon

PoliFlex probably weeded better than sign vinyl would have.

Let me know if you dig out your Refine and want me to help you get it cutting right...

Im sorry but as i wrote, i sold the Refine. But thx for the offer anyway ;D

I run into the same problem every now and then...It must have something to do with the EPS conversion/reading. I always check my files in SB by simply clicking on a blank area, then click and dragging my imported image.If everything moves the file is ok. On the ones that would "double cut", there was a layer on top of the file that is just outlines...I just delete it and cut the bottom layer w/ no problems.

I hope that helps!