onlyinaboat

what vinyl and where

New to this vinyl machine thing. I am mainly looking to do vinyl wording for walls and for wood plaques. What type of vinyl is the best to use and from where does everyone get their vinyl from. We don't have any local places. Small town life.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ive had very good luck with FDC...

Just as good luck with GT5 from www.signpile.com

I bought my vinyl from e-bay. In case you go for EBay make sure the item is located in your nearest big city and the seller is a power-seller.

I buy ALL of my vinyl on ebay,from about 4 different sellers. Never got a bad roll,never got a bad deal. I also use FDC almost exclusively.

Check their feedback. Most are very good,watch out for the ones that sell 10 yards or even 10 FEET at a time. You'll pay a premium buying it that way.

I usually end up paying about 50 cents a yard,with shipping.Never more than a dollar.

I always use Avery A6. Top quality. About $0.0037 per square inch in 10 yard rolls. I don't trust the ebay stuff from experience. Everyone has different opinions however.

I get mine from www.signoutletstore.com. Excellent vendor. Their not too far from me, I get my order the next day with UPS. If I order online, I get 2 Bonus Points per roll. The Bonus Points can be redeemed for $0.50 a piece against more orders. Very satisfied.