Sign in to follow this  
MARYGIRL26

Serious Issues with PROCUT CR630, need help ASAP

I have been using a ProCut CR630 machine for the last couple of months. Yesterday I tried using my cutter and for whatever reason it is no longer recognizing my USB cord and I continue to get a USB not recognized message whenever I plug the machine in. However, if I click on the information about the drivers, it says that they are installed correctly. There have been no updates on my computer so there shouldnt be any issue there. My cutters screen is also blank instead of reading ONLINE. I have been given nothing but the run around from the company that I purchased the machine from. They have made me download all these different programs to my computer that do not help. I own a home business and need this machine in order to make money. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Screen will not display Online if the carriage is pressing one of the red "kill" switches on eiither side of the unit. Is it pressing one of those?

As for the device not recognized- I would try another USB cable. Should use the same type as a printer uses...

Ken-

The cutter is not touching either red button. It is in the center of the cutter.

I have also tried a different USB but still nothing. Any other suggestions?

If the carriage is not pressing one of the red kill switches, press each one in a few times to make sure they pop out. Sometimes they get stuck.

If that does not help, I would tip the unit on its side, and remove the bottom panel to expose the motherboard. Then press down on each connection whether they look secure or not, and even on the large chip ont he motherboard, then put it back together and see if it comes Online.

Guest fivestar

Marygirl.....I'm sure US Cutter will make it right with you....  They stand behind everything they sell.

Guest fivestar

I'm not exactly clear on who she bought it from..was it US Cutter?

Ooohhhhh..... I just ass-u-med it was from here since she was here asking for tech support.  I guess it could of been from somewhere else, which if that is the case, I'd probably call them and see what they will do to help.

I'm not exactly clear on who she bought it from..was it US Cutter?

Ooohhhhh..... I just ass-u-med it was from here since she was here asking for tech support.  I guess it could of been from somewhere else, which if that is the case, I'd probably call them and see what they will do to help.

I think she said she tried them already and they were no help.

I didnt buy it from uscutters, but I saw that on this forum you could ask for help from them even if you bought it from someone else. The company that I bought it from has just given me the run around and refuse to help me which is why I am here.

Nothing!

ARGH!!!!

And you pressed down on each connection, even if it looked secure? If that is the case- it is due for a new motherboard. Should be under warranty with the CutterTurds, no?

No, it isnt under warranty and I dont think they sell the motherboards. Plus, I refuse to give that company any more of my money! Where can I get a new one?

No, it isnt under warranty and I dont think they sell the motherboards. Plus, I refuse to give that company any more of my money! Where can I get a new one?

Interesting...

Well, we sell motherboards for the units we offer, but we need to make sure they are the same series. Look on the back of your cutter, and let me know if it is the CT series or not.

Hi ,

Right here ( get a new cutter is what I understood :huh: ) , it seems a little easier dealing direct with USCutter , but many buy thru the e-bay auctions .

It is the CR series. Could it possible be that I just need a new electrical cord? The machine turns on, its just that the screen has black blocks instead of saying online.

The CR series is different than the CT series we offer I believe, but if you snap a photo of your motherboard, I will know for sure if we have something that matches up with it.

If the unit is getting power, I doubt it is power related, like it may imply in the manual. I am thinking a kill switch issue, or motherboard issue.