Last month US Cutter replaced the mother board on my Refine cutter we purchased in 2007.  That was the third mother board we have had.  Once again, my cutter isn't working.  It is very disappointing that we have been through three mother boards in less than 2 years.

When you turn it on it doesn't move until you press the red reset button at that time it will only move the roll up and down but not the cutter/blade box from side to side to actually.  Anyone else have this problem or did we just get a "lemon"?

I am so frustrated!  I have multiple orders for the holidays that I need to do and I am out of commission AGAIN! :'(

Guest fivestar

keleland yes that would definitely suck.  Honestly that's why I bought an extra one, I have it sitting here as a backup.  For the price of these things it makes a cheap insurance policy.  It sounds to me like the mobo is out again, sorry to hear about that.  I have 2 refines and both of mine have been great.

Yes, does not happen often, but when it does, we stock the parts necessary to get it up and runnign again. Sorry you have not had much luck with yours.....maybe a backup would be a good idea. Not sure why yours is going through so many MBs...

So people are expected to blow through $80 mother boards and kep replacing them?

Absolutely not expected, but when the motherboard does go out, that is an option if it is beyond the warranty period. If you only had the newest motherboard in for a month, we will stand behind it and send you another at no cost. Just need you to send the defective one in to me, so I can get you a new one.

If there is an internal wiring issue that is now causing this, you may look in to a backup unit as fivestar suggested.

something is blowing those boards. Like others said,check everything to make sure there isn't a short somewhere.

Just to clarify: The unit when new, showed up with a shorted out motherboard due to broken/ loose clips. Replacement MB lasted well over a year. When it went out, I only had a used MB to send this customer because we were out of stock, and normally I would not do that, but wanted to get them up and running somehow. The alternative would have been to wait until the next shipment came in, which happened to be today. The used MB lasted long enough for her to get things done while we waited for the new shipment, rather than being down the whole time we waited for the shipment. She will now get a new MB, first one out of the box on the top, and it should not go out within a month....*fingers crossed.

:thumbsup:

what is the warranty on the morter board  my mb went out yesterday and i have cut 2 rolls of 24in by 30 ft with it  i think the mother board should last longer than that.

i think last april  i got it to do my race car numbers so i think it was april used it then worked good was very happy now trying to make new numbers and not working 

With which cutting program? Might just need to be configured correctly.