Sign in to follow this  
cdoc70

Bad blade holder?

Just got my new Copam 2500 Thursday and surprisingly The set up and software integration went perfectly. I set the blade to half the thickness of a credit card and cut the little test squares to adjust pressure. The test squares looked good so i proceeded to cutting the Copam logo test. Once i started cutting the logo it started pulling up material as it cut. I have readjusted the blade, pressure and offset multiple times trying to figure out what is going on. Also, i have tried cutting multiple files that i know are good. Running out of options, i took the blade holder apart and the blade will turn but not as free as i would expect with a bearing in it. So, does any one have any suggestions? Blade holder? Blade? Material? Dumb A*# operator? :-[ Some of the cuts seem so promising i am excited, just need to get over this speed bump. Thanks in advance to everyone.

Hi , Have you slowed the speed down ?

This happened to me, too,, i had the blade out way to far yet,, go half the diameter of the paper you are cutting,,

If the blade is right, is should hardly be sticking out,..

Let us know if this helps

maybe i have a really thick card. reduced the blade depth. looks much better. Got a new problem now. On some files the sign cut software is cutting the image three times? the original looks sweet. The next two screw everything up.:thumbsup: Still not very familiar with the sign cut software. It actually looks like its supposed to do it because it doesn't finish the complete first image before it double cuts.

two questions for you.  One is how did you load the driver and what driver you used.  The other is are you using another program to create and exporting or just SB?

maybe i have a really thick card. reduced the blade depth. looks much better. Got a new problem now. On some files the sign cut software is cutting the image three times? the original looks sweet. The next two screw everything up.:huh: Still not very familiar with the sign cut software. It actually looks like its supposed to do it because it doesn't finish the complete first image before it double cuts.

Search the forum- I have seen posts regarding the multiple cuts int he same place. Could be a fill, outline, or weld issue.....something along those lines. It is the graphic, not the software or cutter that cause this.

I have been all over the forum and don't recall that one, ill do some more searching. One thing i have noticed is that when the image is imported into signcut is that the image will have two distinct colors. One black and the other a lighter black-grey. I don't know what that is. Like i said, I am not that familar with illustrator. is learning life long or can't you teach an old dog new tricks? :huh: Oh by way, I installed the driver that was on signcuts website, installed it and activated in system preferences.

I had the same problems with signcut so I started using SignBlazer instead and all my marks went away.  I don't understand how this cannot be the signcut as the problem.  I had a lot of problems with signcut and none with signblazer.  I was getting dragging issues with signcut and imported into signblazer and had no drag marks at all.  Try Signblazer elements it is free.  just export as an eps and import into sb.  good luck