Sign in to follow this  
quixotica

Best Heat Transfer Vinyl

Hello,

Can anyone reccomend a good heat transfer vinyl to use for making shirts? I have tried using enduratex hotmark 70 and enduratex firstmark. both of which seem to wrinke and peel after a few washes. the vinyl would be for large numbers on the back of comapany baseball team shirts and similar such projects. thanks!

Hi , i am bidding on Copam 2500 cutters & when i get 1 , intend on trying the heat transfer vinyl . any advice ?

thanks , Rodger Myers

Guest fivestar

Multicut from www.jotopaper.com is the best I have found.  Well that and thermoflex plus, but multicut comes in 20 inch width where thermoflex is only 15 wide.

Is thermoflex plus durable? As soon as I get a heat press I'm going to start making shirts too. I want stuff that will stay on the shirt for years, not a couple washing cycles.

Guest fivestar

It is the industry leader I'd say.  It will outlast the shirt if properly pressed, is what people say.  Honestly I have only been doing shirts for about 6 months, but the ones I have did for myself look as good as the day I pressed 'em.  But like I said earlier multicut is my choice of brands now, since it is as good as thermoflex and comes in 20 width.  Heat transfer vinyl is so expensive, that extra 5 inches makes a huge difference to me.  I do alot of 9 inch wide transfers so multicut I can get 2 transfers on the 20 inch, where thermoflex I can only get 1.

How much does the heat press cost ?

thanks , Rodger

Guest fivestar

If you follow the directions and your press is good you won't have any problems at all.

Rodger. I bought mine for like $866 delivered. It is a 16 X 20 and a name brand, or a private label name brand. I got the largest name brand I could afford with out a lot of bells and whistles. I would suggest you get the biggest and best you can afford.

Guest TracMatt

I have the USCutter heat press and although it is cheaper than others it works fine for me, with exception of the timer that came with it. I just use my own timer now.  I also use eco film from imprintables, but just recently received a sample of the Siser EZ weed from USCutter and was very pleased with it.

Tracee ;D