sdgirl

Blade housing unit please help.

Hi, I have searched for a solution in the forums and couldn't find one. I have been cutting and doing good with my cutter. I took out the blade housing unit to put in the pen one to test a cut and my other blade housing unit rolled off the table and fell and the blade came out. I am wondering if this is my problem because now the blade goes way up in the unit and it won't cut vinyl at all? The housing unit does hold the blade but the blade doesn't show at all once it is in, and when you push down on the top thing it shows just a bit. Do I need to get a new housing blade unit or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Christi

can you not adjust the thing to where more of the blade sticks out? There is an adjustment ring that you turn.

Okay I was able to unscrew the silver part out of the black part and then screwed it all the way back on and it is the same way. Is it suppose to show the blade at all when not pushing on the top thing?

yes..the top thing is for ejecting the blade

Turn the gold ring anti-clockwise until it comes lose...then turn the entire bottom part of the plastic housing clockwise. That should expose more of the blade

Thanks for your help John. I turned it the gold ring all the way up and the black part as far as it will go and tried to cut and it only put like an endent in the paper where you can tell where it is but didn't cut. I turned the preasure up to 100 ( i usually cut at 60) and still it wouldn't cut threw the paper. The blade is barely sticking out of the unit?

If I turn the pressure up to 170 it cuts. I have used 2 different blades so I know it isn't that, that is causing the problem.Am I missing something or do you think I could have ruined the housing unit in some way because this isn't right?

unscrew the gold ring again, a little more this time,and tighten up the bottom half against it.Keep doing it til you can see the blade sticking out about half the thickness of a credit card.

I did what you said and the blade is sticking out a bit and the gold ring and black part are as tight as it can go and it won't cut till 130 preassure.

130 pressure isn't unusual. If it cuts ok.

I don't think you damaged teh holder but could be wrong. I don't suppose you have the means to take a pic or two and post?

nothing wrong with it that I can see. The gold ring needs to be screwed up tight against the silver,and that allows you to screw up the black plastic part,revealing more of the blade

Thanks so much. I don't understand why it would change so much when I have cut a lot. I can screw the gold part up more the black part wont go anymore? I guess as long as it is cutting it doesn't matter what pressure it is at?

Thanks again,

Christi

as long as it is cutting, you should be OK. Maybe Ken will have an idea when he comes in tomorrow.

So the blade holder dropped to the floor, and ever since, it will not cut, even with higher pressure? Something may have snapped inside, so I suggest you send your blade holder in, and I will ship you a new one.

Hi ken, It does cut at the higher pressure after I tightened the gold ring and the black unit as tight as it could go.

Well, if you got it cutting, that is good news. You could always order a spare holder for it as well.

I might do that because it doesn't seem to be cutting the same as it did before even with a new blade in it.

I bought a new blade housing unit from uscutter. I put in my blade and it is still doing the same thing so that must not be the problem. The only other thing I did was put in the ink housing unit to show a customer what it would look like before I cut it. Here are some photos of something I am trying to cut. I thought it might be because I was trying to cut it to small so I resized it and cut but it did the same thing. Mainly tearing the face part off from were the ring is up. Then I thought it could be the chrome vinyl so I tried white and still the same thing. Took off part of the face and one of the legs wasn't completely cut so it took it off durning weeding it. It will show how it is pulling up the vinyl but it is also not cutting some of the parts all the way threw so I am confused on what the problem could be. It use to cut so nice and weeding was so easy. ;D I really hate to send the cutter in but I need it to finish my jobs I have. Any advice for me?