Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

first shot using cast vinyl

This is my truck. These trials were a first attempt at using cast vinyl. I really didn't like it much, seemed thin and took time to stick I did use it wet. Don't know if cast can be used wet.

post-1960-12986528646001_thumb.jpg

post-1960-12986528646501_thumb.jpg

post-1960-12986528667625_thumb.jpg

post-1960-12986528667961_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

Nice job.........Yes cast can be used wet and as for it being thin.....that's the great part about it, it's thin so it can contour alot better then calendared.....Cast gets easier the more you do it.

LOVE IT! I have a white truck too...how long did that take you ?

Very nice work.I'm about ready to give it a try with cast.

Nice garage you have there  , a lot of place to work around  vehicle.

Only took about 30-45 min to install and thats because I'm slow lol. I wish the garage was mine, you have a lot of space when you pull out the firetruck!

If I had a choice, I would use cast every day for every job.  So much easier to weed.

If I had a choice, I would use cast every day for every job.  So much easier to weed.

apart from heat press, why can't you use cast all the time?

regards duke

Guest fivestar

apart from heat press, why can't you use cast all the time?

regards duke

Price?

It's sad that most buyers don't know the difference and buy solely on the price.  "I can get it over there for $$$ dollars"  However, they are getting 5 yr cal. vinyl and wonder why it shrinks and fades after a year or two.  If only they were given the option or at least educated on the differences.  I give everyone the option if they are having a storefront or vehicle done. 

SNLSD (I can't always remeber your name when replying, have to puch back button to see it twice :thumbsup:) so can I call you Golden? I have a Golden.  I wanted to say THANK YOU for posting that web site on the differences of Cast vs. Calendard...never knew the difference!  Is the price quite more expensive?  Wanted to do my truck window in the best quality!

Thanks friend

Pricing depends on where you buy from and what quality.  Oracal 651 is $21 for a 24x10yd roll or Oracal 751 (cast) is $43 for the same size roll.  UScutter sells vinyl for good prices.  I live on the east coast so I buy somewhere else because the shipping takes longer than getting it locally.  I used calendared on my car because it was what I had in stock.  It's pretty good quality and cheap enough to change when I need to.

Golden is my dog of choice, although we have a golden and a black lab.  You can't go wrong with either.  If my wife would let me, I'd have 4 or 5 goldens.

Steve

Golden

I live 40 minutes from USCUTTER so shipping for me is not an issue, but WOW, I would have to ask Ken what he charges for Cast.

GOLDENS are great, ours is a very light Golden male, we are looking for a Light female golden for puppies.  The boys want a puppy from thier Buddy :thumbsup:

Have a blessed night

Carmen

Uscutter has really good prices on Oracal.  $4 cheaper on the calendared and $10 on the cast. 24"x10yd rolls.  Just wish it didn't take 3-4 days to receive it on the east coast.  I pay a few dollars more, but I can get it the same day if I pick it up or the next day if I have it shipped.