Guest stunad, jr.

magnets

Very nice! I like the black magnets with silver/white (or did you layer black vinyl on white magnets)?

Also, did you semi cut through the magnets and then punch them out or order diecut magnets?

WOW...those are great!  Nice job...wanna share your secret?

Guest stunad, jr.

thanks everyone,

20 mil magnet, cut on my ct 630.  Pressure at its highest, speed at its lowest with a 60deg blade.  It cuts about 95% of the way through they do need to be pushed out after cutting.  The black magnets are just layered with black vinyl prior to cutting.  I have successfully cut hundreds of them with no problems.  The machine can easily handle this!

thanks everyone,

20 mil magnet, cut on my ct 630.  Pressure at its highest, speed at its lowest with a 60deg blade.  It cuts about 95% of the way through they do need to be pushed out after cutting.  The black magnets are just layered with black vinyl prior to cutting.  I have successfully cut hundreds of them with no problems.  The machine can easily handle this!

Good stuff. Did you pick the magnet material up from a craft store or somewhere online?

Levi, can my MH721 handle this magnet job and what different sort of blade would I need AND do you guys carry that stuff?

Tootles

:thumbsup:

I believe this was done on 20mil magnet material which is well within the range of your cutter. We do carry 60 degree blades, $12 for 3.

Hi Stu,

Where did you get the magnet material and was it in small pieces or is there a roll you can purchase? These are great, I want to make some stuff for my boy's room. I am going to "paint" some magnetic strips on their wall and it would be cool to make some DISIGNER magnets :thumbsup:

Thanks

Carmen

Remember ladies and gents. Be very careful with magnets around electronics. If you get one of these to close to a circuit board it will fry it. If you get it to close to a monitor you will have a permanent discolored sploch on your screen.

Guest stunad, jr.

The material I use says it is safe for printer and plotter use. 

Link:

http://www.magnetsource.com/Solutions_Pages/printmagvinyl.html

Remember ladies and gents. Be very careful with magnets around electronics. If you get one of these to close to a circuit board it will fry it. If you get it to close to a monitor you will have a permanent discolored sploch on your screen.

does the 20 mm stay on the vehicle?

i was told to only use 30mm for vehicle use.

regards duke

I would only use 30 mm.  Although I think they make a 20 mm that is supposed to have the same magnetic strength as 30mm.

How much did you charge for the magnets?

I would like to try this, it looks fun, but I can not figure out how much to charge for the small magnets.

Those look great! OK so I like this idea, I am curious as well to a pricing point. I think something like this would be good to give to customers I do work for. Good to have my name on their fridge  :-[

actually circuits would be completely fine.  magnetic storage, like platter based hard drives or floppy disks would be bad news.  LCD monitors would also be fine, CRT's would be bad news bears as well. 

actually circuits would be completely fine.  magnetic storage, like platter based hard drives or floppy disks would be bad news.  LCD monitors would also be fine, CRT's would be bad news bears as well. 

Yeah the crt monitors are what I was talking about, I should of been more clear. Also I think that if you got a magnet to close to the internal memory on the main boards of these machines it would be bad news. Could be wrong  :thumbsup:

"CRT" Cathode Ray Tube.  Basically the same technology used in the older tube televisions.  Unlike the newer flat screen monitors you see in the stores today, a magnet will really mess up the picture.  This is why most of your home theater speakers are shielded so the magnets won't distort the picture.  Place a magnet near an older tv or monitor and you can permanently damage the screen.

Golden,

I get it....and whoever did this video had WAY TOO MUCH FUN :thumbsup: