haumana

Coolest gift??

1. What the coolest gift you've ever received for the holidays? (and if not self-explanatory, why was it cool?)

2. What was the coolest gift you've given?

3. What was the best gift you remember as a kid?

Here are my answers: 1. I don't think I've received a truly cool gift (as an adult) for the holidays yet, although I've bought myself a few cool gifts over the many holidays; 2. Circque's Saltimbanco tickets for the family; and 3. Little plastic finger puppet of the Sesame Street gang (Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Oscar, and Cookie Monster) ... wish I still had them.  ;)

Guest kenya

O.K. I'll tell you (only you- ;))......

several years ago, when roller blades were a hot item- I bought my husband & myself

a pair. We opened them & headed out at 4a.m. Christmas morning with flashlights, being chased

by the neighbor's dogs. So that was the best gift because of the great time we had.

I got a piano when I was a kid..... drove everyone nuts learning jingle bells. Can't you hear it- ;)

1962..I was 8 years old, and the pic says it all. I am the one on the right.

There has never been, in the 45 Christmases that have come and gone since, a cooler gift.

post-249-12986528570495_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986528585873_thumb.jpg

1) My first shotgun- kill!!      ;)

2) Ex-gf really loved gymnastics, so after the Womens team won the Gold several years back, they were in town and sold out, but at the last second, they added two rows of chairs on the inside of the stands, so I was lucky enough to land 2nd row floor seats. Surprised her with tickets she thought were impossible to get, and we sat next to Dante Bichette from the Colorado Rockies (who she happend to like as a baseball player as well), and she was so thrilled. Good times.

3) A puppy- which was a hunting dog, so once he grew up and was trained, I got to use gift #1 alot more.    ;)

1962..I was 8 years old, and the pic says it all. I am the one on the right.

There has never been, in the 45 Christmases that have come and gone since, a cooler gift.

Awwwww

;)

Well,Ken...I always wanted to be a cowboy. But back then,every kid did. But not every kid had a fancy cowboy suit with FRINGE!

yes,that's my brother. He looks a bit older now. I was the main cowboy,he was the side-kick. Every cowboy had a side-kick.

lol...John...........I could see you now..wearing a fringed cowboy outfit out and about in town!!  ;)

Make sure you aren't wearing those 'cheek show-ers'.........lmao

I'll have you know that I have received many compliments on my 'cheeks'...and recently.

Lol, okay here we go,

#1- best gift was my first Deer Rifle, Remington Model 700 BDL, in 25-06, I still love that gun to this day, lol

#2- Best Given- I took a single new diaper put it in a box for my mother, she opened it and looked at it like "what the Hell" then after a couple seconds she figured out that she was gonna be a Grandma, that was 10 years ago when My son was born.

#3- Best kid gift. Gotta be the Bright Orange bike I got for my seventh birthday, Bananna seat and all, I loved that damn thing, and rode it till it fell apart, coulda been all the stupid jumps I did with it, spent many a night digging thorns and gravel outta my wounds, lol

John - Cool paniolo! 'ukulele playing cowboy! Did you have your plastic 6-shooter strapped to your side? Did your brother not get an 'ukulele too?

Primal - excellent story about your mom. My cousin did something similar, a photo with an ultrasound in a photo frame that said "proud grandparents". My uncle immediately thought, "How the hell did Jaimee get a picture of Scout when he was in his mother's womb?" Scout was their 3-year old Lhasa/Keeshond mix. Everyone died laughing. Then of course no one will let him forget it.

Thanks for sharing people! It's always nice to see what brought smiles to others  :thumbsup:

John - Cool paniolo! 'ukulele playing cowboy! Did you have your plastic 6-shooter strapped to your side? Did your brother not get an 'ukulele too?

Primal - excellent story about your mom. My cousin did something similar, a photo with an ultrasound in a photo frame that said "proud grandparents". My uncle immediately thought, "How the hell did Jaimee get a picture of Scout when he was in his mother's womb?" Scout was their 3-year old Lhasa/Keeshond mix. Everyone died laughing. Then of course no one will let him forget it.

Thanks for sharing people! It's always nice to see what brought smiles to others  :thumbsup:

Yeah you can see my shootin' irons starpped to my side. I was the singing cowboy,my brother was the side=kick. Side-kicks didn't sing they just made goofy jokes.

1) Years ago my woman got me a table top screen press...It's what got me started up!

2) I got my woman a Tiffany & Co. necklace one year and put it around a big stuffed dogs neck...It took her until a few hours later for figure out what it REALLY was. It was fun seeing her pretend to have a good xmas thinking she got a few little things and a stuffed dog until she realized what she got.

3) Easy one...GT Dyno D-tour!

blue1987dynodtour1_lg.jpg

It's funny to see some of the favorite childhood Christmas gifts....especially when I think of the kids growing up today............I'm sure it will be some Ipod or Video game system...not bikes or cowboy outfits!!  :thumbsup:

you know its funny you say that, my ten year old said hey dad can you put some classic rock on my ipod, i said, like led Zepplin, Alice Cooper, the Doors, he said no, I mean Guns n Roses, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister. I laughed like hell, Classic rock hun, Then I thought Man I'm getting old, but it sure does bring back great memories of my first monsters of rock concert, lol

lol....yeah it's funny what my kids consider 'cool' even though most of those bands were around in OUR time..lol.

Atleast they know a good thing when they hear it!!

That's hilarious. I used to be known to my friends & family as the 'juke box.' If there was song playing on the radio they would call me, hold the phone to the speaker and ask me what song it was and who the artist is, or (before "listening stations" at the local music store) they would bring me a CD or most times vinyl and ask me to sing a couple of lines to particular song - just to make sure they got the right one. I had a really decent size music collection.

I was totally deflated when one of my younger cousins asked to come over and make a mixed tape (yes, way before CD). I said, "Sure. But why do you want my stuff?" Her response, "because you have all the cool old school stuff." It was at that point that I realized that I was getting a bit older than I felt.  :thumbsup:

Boy has gifts really changed now days. None of the kids remember Atari, much less Pong. Who needs a ghetto blaster when iPod are getting cheaper and cheaper, and "you mean there was a time that you didn't have computers???"

Guns and Roses is classic rock? Oh my....

:-

False teeth and grey hair right around the corner, eh?

Maybe the better would've been, "Alice Who? I don't think I've ever heard of her." or "Aren't those guys dead now?"

Hahahaha.

OMG...we use to have a jukebox in our basement loaded with 45s.!  My dad knew a guy that supplied juke boxes to lounges and bars...so we got one at a good price....wow I loved that thing, to bad my mom sold it.  :'(

Now THOSE were the days.  Come to think of it when we were young, we never received electronic toys...bikes, dolls, board games, etc...was the gifts of choice.

hmmmm...todays kids don't know what they are missing, but than again, my kids don't know what I did 'back in the day' to have fun....geez.  :-

Heck I even think concerts back than were better than now..but that could just be me!  :thumbsup:

My first concert was The Searchers and the Zombies in 1965. That's not classic rock that's 'oldies' territory.

My first concert was Kiss in 1979, my older sister took me, what a show, I can still remember it like yesterday,  but I gotta admit as far as hair metal goes, During a blizzard my  buddy and i made it to Grand Rapids to see Cinderella, Winger, & the Bullet Boys in High School, what a show for a small venue, Good Times, Good Times, LOL  Banner, I love rock period and the Zombies have a place in my heart as well, lol

I have seen KISS 8 times....4 with Make-up, 4 without.Every line-up they had. I am a KISS junkey. Peter Criss inspired me to take up the drums again.