Sign in to follow this  
hani1400

Little help on my first job

Hi

I advertised myself and the first job i got is kinda big. It's for a jewelry store inside a mall.

He wants a sign that's 6 by 1 foot, black background. What kind of substrate should i use for this? Coraplast or is there a better option for this situation?

Here is a pic of the type of vinyl he wants, the one on the left, it's like a mirror finish, i want gold and silver. Can someone give me a link to this kind of vinyl, because i found lots of pictures of vinyl products that are called metallic but don't have this sort of mirror finish look.

11302008142.jpg

Thanx jay

What about the kind of substrate should i use for this?

I think it will look better with a hard glossy surface, rather than coraplast; can you give me the name or where to get it? do they even ship it @ this size?

I read somewhere that the chrome vinyls only have a 2 yr outdoor life.  Anybody know where to get chrome that will last longer?

Do you have time frame you are working with?  What kind of price did you give him? 

I would personally just use a black acrylic sheet, it would be more expensive, but look a tom better and last longer.  Where do you live?  Most relatively large cities have some sort of place that would sell it locally.  Then you could just use a high gloss white overtop.  You might want to check if there is a fellers warehouse nearby that you could pick up vinyl at if you are in a time crunch.