Can-Am

Blade bounces on cross cuts

:angel:

When my LP cuts across the vinyl (blade only moving) it tends to bounce and gives a chopped effect to the cut.( almost like a sewing m/c)

Am I using to little pressure?

I have ran it to the point of cutting through the backing paper so I dont think it is a pressure issue.

What is the rec. pressure to run.

It doesn't happen alll the time but when it does it is a pain  to weed.

Blade out 1/2 the thickness of a credit card ?

Guest stunad, jr.

slow the speed down, you should be ok. 

When my LP cuts across the vinyl (blade only moving) it tends to bounce and gives a chopped effect to the cut.( almost like a sewing m/c)

Am I using to little pressure?

I have ran it to the point of cutting through the backing paper so I dont think it is a pressure issue.

What is the rec. pressure to run.

It doesn't happen alll the time but when it does it is a pain  to weed.

pressure really depends on the individual and/or the vinyl. Ken (Imes) usually recommends 120. I have found great success using a 60-degree blade with an average pressure of about 70-80.

make sure that there's no gunk or adhesive stuck to the blade or the blade holder (that might cause the blade not to spin within the holder so that the leading edge of the blade is always spinning in the right direction during the cut).

If you're still getting perforated cuts, slow down the speed, set the pressure to Ken's recommended 120, and just dial (in or out) the correct depth of the blade.

Give that a go and let us know how it works out for you.

Good luck.  :angel:

Adjusted blade pressure to 120, reset the depth.

Speed is at 50.

Now lets see how it works with some barcodes Inventory signs Im

making for a customer..

Thank you to everyone for your ideas and experience.

Dave

Yes, jagged cuts happen on this cutter when not enough pressure is being used, and the blade is sticking out too far.

This is a great thread. I've Been having the same problem. How do i adjust the blade depth? and what speed is a good standard speed.

60 is the default speed and should be fine. I cut everything at 60.

Blade depth is adjusted by turning the end cap on the end of the blade holder where the blade goes in.

Ok how much blade should be out?

I usually have to squint to see just the very tip of the blade sticking out when it is set just right.

this is a very interesting thread, I have had my blade sticking out of the holder about 4mm for the last year, I just unscrewed the knurled retainer till the blade is barely poking out but it doesnt appear like it does anything, When cutting is the bottom of the retainer supposed to touch the vinyl then?

Wayne

this is a very interesting thread, I have had my blade sticking out of the holder about 4mm for the last year, I just unscrewed the knurled retainer till the blade is barely poking out but it doesnt appear like it does anything, When cutting is the bottom of the retainer supposed to touch the vinyl then?

Wayne

Awfully close if not touching, yes.

Now Wayne these Yanks have been trying to ADJUST us Canucks for years, still hasn't worked for them...lol

Dave

The maple laughs have been dismal since the 70s.

Wasn't it back in 67 that they last won the cup?

bring back the Gump.....

Yeah, it was before I was born, that they won their last Cup. Now, if Tie Domi were still with them, they would still be worth watching.

Him and Probert bring back some great memories. Didn't Sitler play for the Leafs?

Anyone watching the game in the ballpark tomorrow?