Sign in to follow this  
lafitz

Hi

I'm enjoying reading the posts here. Actually, I'm just researching the USCutter plotter, to determine if it will meet my needs. But, I've learned much about things I hadn't thought about.  And, I've seen some nice work.

The questions I have about the USCutter Plotter MH721 are:

How is the plotter with cutting small type?

What type of blades does it take, (and how much if not a standard brand?)

Can it plot directly from a good CAD program or does it require the sign software interface?  (I might not use it enough to want to purchase a subscription but the LE version sounds aggrevating.)

How does it handle long runs (say 20-50 feet) and  does it cut scraps-how small?

Are differing size pen tips (such as 3mm, 5mm, 7mm, 9mm) available if I wanted to plot drafted drawings? For pen plots, could I draw by color to differentiate line width and then plot by color and change the pen nib without disturbing the plot?

How satisfied are others with this plotter and are they using it in production or just occasionally?

Well, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

L.

The cutter will cut small type, I have cut 1/8" lettering with the cut speed lowered. It uses Roland compatible blades and comes with 3. We also sell replacements for $12 for a 3 pack. It requires the cutting software to cut/plot CAD designs that need to be saved in .ai or .eps format for the software to read. The cutter handles long cuts, but in order to reduce material drifting, you need to ensure that the material is loaded as straight as possible. Friction feed cutters will have some drifting, but usually it is minor. You can also load scraps, or sheets, of material as little as 4" in width. The pen attachment uses standard ball point pen inserts, so you could insert any mm and get it to work, different colors as well.

Some of our customers use this model daily in a production setting, and some use it as a hobby or for their race cars, boats, personal vehicals etc. I would recommend our Copam series if it is intended for a commercial setting as they are more of a workhorse than the Refine series.

Welcome to our forums!