kenimes

New Oracal Application tape for Oracal 631 vinyl

Yes, we offer anything Oracal carries. We do not stock everything they carry, but can drop-ship anything not in stock.

Not sure if we will be able to get pricing up anytime soon, but if you go to SignWarehouse and check their pricing, we will beat them by about 3%, or you could just call our Sales department to get pricing: 425-481-3555

Does the flat rate shipping charge apply to drop shipped items?

Thanks,

Jon

Does the flat rate shipping charge apply to drop shipped items?

Thanks,

Jon

I believe so....

Guest fivestar

I just wanted to say that I recieved a free sample of Oracal's transfer tape for the 631 and it worked excellent, not near as tacky as "normal" transfer tape.

Ah good to know.

I haven't purchased any 631 yet, but plan to try out some wall art soon.  :angel:

A big thank you goes out to Max at USCUTTER, he sent me a sample of the new transfer tape from Oracal and it worked great. I thought it might be too good to be true so I tried other types I had, and there is no comparison whatsoever. The Oracal transfer tape is way above all the ones Ive tried. So again Thanks to Max at USCUTTER. I highly recommend this product. Its a bit pricey but like the saying goes ya get what ya pay for.

I am curious to know what sizes we can get it in and how much USCutter can sell it for.  I contacted Oracal and was told they ship them out in logs.  I was also told this stuff is about 3 times more than R-Tape?

Ok, I didn't realize that regular transfer tape doesn't really work with the 631 vinyl. I'm stuck. I've already done a bunch of work with the regular application tape and I can't get the vinyl to lift away from the backing sheet. Is there anything I can do?

Ok, I didn't realize that regular transfer tape doesn't really work with the 631 vinyl. I'm stuck. I've already done a bunch of work with the regular application tape and I can't get the vinyl to lift away from the backing sheet. Is there anything I can do?

Hi,

The folks over at Oracal sent me a sample of HT-55 and so far it's pretty good. I think the problem is that you might be cutting too deep into the vinyl. I'm having the same issues, it's alot of trial and error. I'm almost there but I like the HT-55 application tape. I bought the R-Tape AT-60 and it should be coming in next week. I need a clear application tape so hopefully it works. Not a waste of my money. If you don't need a clear application tape then go with the HT-55 from Oracal. Also, they are really friendly over there so just give them a call and you'll probably get Josh. He's great, easy to work with and friendly.

Cheers,

DM

Ok...I also received some HT-55 samples from Oracal.  I am still having issues with the 631 pulling off of the backing.  Oracal had some issues in the past with their backing paper not having enough silicone release.  Their white works excellent as well as several of the othe colors, however, black is a beast!  Why do some colors stick to the tape better then others?  Try some White and then Black...what a difference.  Same decal, same cutter, same settings... just changing colors.  Not cutting too deep because I can bearly see a marking on the backing paper after pulling the vinyl off.  I have been fighting this for almost a year now.  RTape seems to work the best, but you still have to work it pretty hard to get it to stick to the backing.  Today I tried the vinegar trick...it helped, but did not completely solve the issue.  Any more suggestions, techniques, etc?  Or do we need to contact Oracal.  Thanks!

Ok...I also received some HT-55 samples from Oracal.  I am still having issues with the 631 pulling off of the backing.  Oracal had some issues in the past with their backing paper not having enough silicone release.  Their white works excellent as well as several of the othe colors, however, black is a beast!  Why do some colors stick to the tape better then others?  Try some White and then Black...what a difference.  Same decal, same cutter, same settings... just changing colors.  Not cutting too deep because I can bearly see a marking on the backing paper after pulling the vinyl off.  I have been fighting this for almost a year now.  RTape seems to work the best, but you still have to work it pretty hard to get it to stick to the backing.  Today I tried the vinegar trick...it helped, but did not completely solve the issue.  Any more suggestions, techniques, etc?  Or do we need to contact Oracal.  Thanks!

Okay so here's my verdict for R-Tape AT-60 versus HT-55... I actually like HT-55 better than R-Tape AT-60 for Oracal 631. It comes off the backing easily with R-Tape AT-60 and Oracal HT-55 but the problem seems to be *for me* with AT-60 it is a b*tch *excuse my french* when trying to apply the application tape to the Oracal because if you mess up its hard to adjust the application tape due to it high-tack nature. If you try to adjust the application tape it actually pulls off the Oracal 631 vinyl from the back. I also figured out that alot of my designs will be 15" or less so I'm going to be purchasing 15" vinyl instead of 24" vinyl the next time around. It' def good to have 24" vinyl but if someone know of the best way to apply vinyl + application tape without getting bubbles and just fubar results. Please let me know!  I like AT-60 for it's clear nature but I like HT-55 for its ease in use. Thats my two cents - hope it helps!

Hi,

I found a GREAT application tape for the Oracal 631 - hoping that US Cutter will want to carry it as I would much prefer to buy it here than at any other place. I too had issues with transfer tapes not picking up the vinyl from the backing paper. This picks it up great and will release it on the wall. It is also great as my business is selling wall signs for customers to put up, and I want to use clear transfer tape for them to see everything they are working with.

Here is the link to Sign Warehouse - would love to hear from US Cutter they are going to carry this!

http://www.signwarehouse.com/p-M-AP-GXF101-24.html

Kelly

Most wall graphics are installed by the buyers them self and high tack tape is not the best choice for that application....