Danzo

Cricut?

Okay I was on Ebay and saw some cutters from here and my big question is My wife wants a Cricut for Christmas. Anyways I was wanting some Pros and Cons of me getting her a Cricut or a Uscutter type of cutter. It sounds like the Uscutter does almost everything a cricut does. Minus we do have a awesome computer to help with the cutting. :)

Thanks for the help in advance,

Dan

I don't know, if my wife says she want a Cricut that's what I'm gonna get her. If I get her a USCutter and she doesn't understand it and it too complicated it's all my fault. If she wants a Cricut and I get her a Cricut and she doesn't understand it then it's not my fault. It's still not gonna be her fault (because it's never her fault).

I really think it's all what you want to do with it. I think for making cards and crafting the Cricut in a cool gadget. I think you need a lot less technical skills to run a Cricut. What level would you say her technical skills are?

jay, ur a wise man ;D  and as far as a cutter for the wife. i think she would really appreciate the craft robo 2 or pro much better. i had to make that same choice at one point and decided against the cricut because of it's limitations. if u research both and show her the pros and cons she will understand it better, that's what i had to do. u get more from the craft robo and it's cheaper in cost and maintenance

lol, but i only had my craft robo two weeks before i discovered us cutter and how much more i could really do with a cutter.

good luck.

I don't know much about the Robo Craft but it all depends on your wifes abilities to understand how things work. Danzo, you know your wife better than anyone. If your wife is Tech Savvy then the USCutter may not be a bad way to go. If not get something simple to use like the Robo Craft or Cricut.

having seen both the cricut and craft robo in action... I think the craft robo would be the best choice. As I remember, The Cricut is independant,no computer...you have to buy cartridges for fonts and graphics. The Craft Robo uses the computer for design,fonts,etc.

That being said, any one of teh US Cutter machines will do just about everything that either one of them will do, and if my brother,who is total NOT tech savvy,can be cutting with his Pcut without any help in 30 minutes,anyone can.

Guest stunad, jr.

the cartridges are $100 a pop!

I saw the vinyl 12" sheets in walmart(oracal 631) for crazy money.

buy her a small desktop plotter, you will save money and her creativity

wont be limited to expensive cartridges.

my 2 cents!

having seen both the cricut and craft robo in action... I think the craft robo would be the best choice. As I remember, The Cricut is independant,no computer...you have to buy cartridges for fonts and graphics. The Craft Robo uses the computer for design,fonts,etc.

That being said, any one of teh US Cutter machines will do just about everything that either one of them will do, and if my brother,who is total NOT tech savvy,can be cutting with his Pcut without any help in 30 minutes,anyone can.

Craft ROBO is a good machine as well, and does not use cartridges....

OK,here are some questions,Ken about the craft robo...just for my own curiousity:

1. What software comes with it? The last one I used 3 years ago had software that would only recognize some weird graphic file format...forget .eps.

2. Does it have an interchangeable blade or do you still have to buy an entire blade holder with blade for $35?

3 Can you adjust the pressure any way other than by adding the little rings to the blade holder?

4. Can you cut anything smaller in width than 8.5 inches without the cutting matte ($20 the last time I checked,and they wear out fast)

These are the things that I didn't like about the craft robo. Granted,this was 3 years ago and maybe the new models have improved.

Very Good for the home crafter,but not much else,imho.

Craft ROBO is a good machine as well, and does not use cartridges....

OK,here are some questions,Ken about the craft robo...just for my own curiousity:

1. What software comes with it? The last one I used 3 years ago had software that would only recognize some weird graphic file format...forget .eps.

2. Does it have an interchangeable blade or do you still have to buy an entire blade holder with blade for $35?

3 Can you adjust the pressure any way other than by adding the little rings to the blade holder?

4. Can you cut anything smaller in width than 8.5 inches without the cutting matte ($20 the last time I checked,and they wear out fast)

These are the things that I didn't like about the craft robo. Granted,this was 3 years ago and maybe the new models have improved.

Very Good for the home crafter,but not much else,imho.

1. What software comes with it? Comes with Robo Master, which seemed to be decent. Have not tried importing .eps files to it yet though.

2. Does it have an interchangeable blade or do you still have to buy an entire blade holder with blade for $35? Need to buy the whole blade holder still.

3 Can you adjust the pressure any way other than by adding the little rings to the blade holder? Yes, the pressure can be adjusted in the software, and the cut speed as well. Not just with the different colored tips.

4. Can you cut anything smaller in width than 8.5 inches without the cutting matte ($20 the last time I checked,and they wear out fast) You need to use the cutting matt for smaller widths because the pinch rollers are not adjustable.

Jay 2703..you are a VERY wise man :D BUT....My husband Danzo bought me a 34" cutter, he is usually right on the money when it comes to what he THINKS I would like, and yes, if it's too complicated it WILL be his fault :angel:  I am very creative but when it comes to techni-techno gobble gobble stuff I leave that up to him! However, I am sure I will be able to figure it out, if not then I will just hop on here and ask you smarties :P  HAppy Turket Day

Jay 2703..you are a VERY wise man :D BUT....My husband Danzo bought me a 34" cutter, he is usually right on the money when it comes to what he THINKS I would like, and yes, if it's too complicated it WILL be his fault :angel:  I am very creative but when it comes to techni-techno gobble gobble stuff I leave that up to him! However, I am sure I will be able to figure it out, if not then I will just hop on here and ask you smarties :P  HAppy Turket Day

That was meant for man eyes only.  :P  Don't ever tell my wife I said that.

Jay, I never keep secrets :angel: If I ever met your wife (yea right) then I would have to tell her what a smart man you truely are by keeping her happy the way she likes :D

Jay, I never keep secrets :angel: If I ever met your wife (yea right) then I would have to tell her what a smart man you truely are by keeping her happy the way she likes :D

Thanks! I hope Danzo treats you the same. Enjoy your new cutter, they are lots of fun.