Sign in to follow this  
Q

Is there anyone nice enough!!

Hello fellow cutters i just purchased a used G4 mac and a new 25 in vinyl cutter and have no clue on why it's is not working. I have hurt my buisness drasticly by not learnig more about this machine and how to operate it. I was givin somesoftware also called signcutX2 and have no clue on how to use it either. However i have done some research online but still have no clue on what they are talking about. I am used to using photoshop i run a store making custome heat transfer shirts and decided to expand and start doing custom logos and decals and was pointed in the US Cutter direction. I also bout the mac becuase it came with corel draw 11 and Illustrator Cs2 as well. This is far different from using Photoshop 7.0 and so now i'm trying to figure out where to start. I really would like to get into making team shirts since i coach my oldest sons football team, and after getting pricing for jerseys and decals for helmets i would love to figure out how to do this also. What i need is for someone with goood knowledge of this machine and a mac to help me out  a little. I'm in a whole new world, and its driving me crazy along with broke.

Also what the hell is a Keyspan i keep seeing that as i research is this something esle i need to buy because my mac is not ready the machine at all the only way i can get it to cut is to hit test button directly on cutting machine.

Hello There,

I would invest my time in learning Corel Draw, You will learn more faster than with Illustrator, (even if you are very familiar with photoshop, illustrator is so so different). Keyspan is a usb serial adapter. Although your cutter may come with a usb port, the keyspan adapter works much better and helps remove some complications and makes communication between your cutter and computer more reliable. There is a plug-in to export from Illustrator cs2 as well as corel. This plug-in can be a life saver, as it sends your open file directly to sign cut to be cut. I know this is all just general knowledge, but all you asked (except keyspan) was general questions. The more specific the question, the easier they are to answer.

Good Luck

Thanks for replying is it possible for us to schedule a time to meet in here so maybe i could have you walk me through a few things. Rather than learn to create a project i would rather learn using a bitmap I already have like the Oakland Raiders Logo i got from the internet, could you possibly tell me how to go through the process of sending it to the machine making it the size i want it, and how to use the machine with regular transfer paper rather than vinyl i havent purchased any becuase i would rather learn how to use the machine with what i already have. Also if i go and purchase the Keyspan adapter maybe you can walk me through the setup process to make sure i do this right. I've had this machine for two months and have yet to have a project made by it. Only way i can get it to cut anything is if i press the test button on the machine it's self. When i try and send the regular SigncutX2 logo from the mac it just sits there and does nothing so i was sure i hadn't installed something correctly.

Sounds like it may not be communicating properly if it does nothing when you tell it to cut the SignCut logo. I assume you are using the USB connection? If the driver has been loaded, then you need to set SignCut to use Refine as the manufacturer, Refine MH/EH 721 as the cutter, and /dev/usb000000  (something like that) as the device.

If you need assistance in obtaining the correct driver, you can email me directly: kenimes@hotmail.com

Hello i sure you dont remember me but you gave me some info in the Us Cutter forum. I just went and purchased the Keyspan adapter everyone has been telling me to get and now i get home and try it out and it does not even fit the cutting machine. I tried to take the little screws out of the com plugin on the side of the cutter just so the adapter would fit but that still did not work so now i must take it back to the store and try and get my money back can someone tell me if i purchased the wrong item and what it is i need to purchase i still have yet to use my cutting machine and it was purchased in May. I am very stressed out right now and could really use someone with knowledge of thes machine to help me out.

Thanks

Q

:)

I think you just need to use the gender changer that came with your cutter.

Guest garysigndesign

O,

Is your plotter working?or was this just a hook up?:o Gary Karm out... garysigndesign