Sign in to follow this  
mikekelley

Which type of adhesive to use when installing new cutter strip

I just got a new cutting strip for my MH1351, and was wondering how to go about installing it. I've read here and there that some double sided tape may work well or some glue, but I was just wondering what others have used and their results. I didn't use anything yet and hoped that the strip would stay there with the adhesive that was already there from the last strip, but no luck, as its coming off already.

Thanks!

Any thickness in particular? Should it even matter?

The thinner the better I think.

I am fairly new to cutting, can you tell me why you are replaceing the strip?

Thanks

I'm also pretty new myself, only been at it 6 months or so. The reason I replaced it is because the old one was all pitted and nasty from the blade slipping off and digging in, and I *THINK* that was part of the reason I was getting sloppy cuts. I replaced the cutting strip and put a new blade in today, and what do you know, it's cutting perfect with no rough edges or weeding troubles, and all of the cuts are closing nicely.

ok so how did you attach it, and how much for a new strip, might be nice to have one on hand,, lol

Think it was 20 bucks. Kind of steep for what it seems like it is (a piece of teflon/plasticky strip thing), but it solved my cutting problem, so I can't complain.

I just pulled out the old strip (had to wedge under it at one end with a razor), cleaned off the gunk that was left over, put down the double sided tape and then carefully lined up the new strip and just slid it into place, pressing as I went. Works perfectly and was simple enough.