Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

bid question?????

Yeah I like the free advice from all and think everyone has something to contribute whether one person agrees or not is totally up to whoever takes the advice.

The bickering between you two is evident all over this forum but I would like to say thanks for all that you have contributed and please continue to offer your advice.

Maybe you all need to go out and get a beer together.

EDIT this was a response to a post that has since been removed lol

Yeah I like the free advice from all and think everyone has something to contribute whether one person agrees or not is totally up to whoever takes the advice.

The bickering between you two is evident all over this forum but I would like to say thanks for all that you have contributed and please continue to offer your advice.

Thank you.

Nice to see people are listening and I'm not just speaking (typing) to hear myself.

Everyone is new at one point, but through practice anyone can master the dry application technique and not get bubbles.

It does take some practice, but it won't take years and people won't go broke doing it.  Once they've mastered it, they'll save time and money.

I have faith that if someone tries it, they'll be able to get the hang of it rather quickly if they give it an honest try.  I don't try to put fear into them, I try to encourage them to get out of their comfort zone and improve themselves.

this is my opinion of vinyl ( I hope I don't insult anybody or " wedge up their panties "  :rolleyes: ... I can take what I dish out unlike a friend of mine named nad ) I love being able to make my own decals & would rather have vinyl decals as I can change them at a whim . Vinyl is a economic way to do things that were done by paint before . Handbrushed painted signs are better quality than vinyl signs . Custom paint jobs are better than wraps .. but all that is ALOT more expensive .  Banners are a economical way to advertise instead of wood/metal signs etc . So saving money has a compromise involved . I have SELDOM seen any sign "perfect" & vinyl signs are a little more subject to certain problems . Bubbles being 1 of them . As i make decals for myself , all i have to do is please myself & I learned to do that at a VERY young age LOL  ;) . I have seen air bubbles in alot of decals even at the big sign show in Atlantic City show . IF you want less bubbles , use wet application as the air can squeeze out from under the decal easier than when dry .

Yeah , I didn't remove that ... SOMEBODY got their panties bunched up . Seems they can dish it out more than they can take it . I can honestly say , the attitude & HAVING to prove themselves right started with that member . The " attitude "  was ignored by everybody until some of us could not ignore it anymore .

I don't have to prove anything to Dan or anybody. My years of experience are my proof. When some member demands to see proof that is the same as calling me a liar.

I don't have time to deal with this today. I have jobs to do. I don't have a shop that sits idle and unheated.

Thank you , Thank you very much ( doing my best Elvis inpersonation with lip sneering )

Nice to see people are listening and I'm not speaking ( typing ) to hear myself .

The majority of users on this board are here because they are beginners. Beginners should not jump right in to dry applications while learning, but of course they should always strive to do things better and more efficiently in the long run. For those that would like to use the fool-proof way of applying while they learn....use the WET application method. You will most certainly have a better outcome when it comes to air bubbles. There is no arguement there....

Once you get in to a comfort zone, and have those first few paying jobs out of the way, and you have established yourself with some clients offering referrals...then you can venture into dry applications to try and save time and expenses. I would never suggest a new person in the industry try a dry application on their first few jobs, ever. I would certainly suggest investing some time and materials in practice, but not until you feel comfortable doing so. To each his/ her own..

There is no need to have a pissing match over when it should be done, it is solely up to the person doing it. Heed the warnings and suggestions of those who have the most experience, then make the decision for yourself. Whether you have a good or bad outcome, you will always have the support of this community, and can post YOUR personal experiences as well. AND don't forget to post some examples of your finished work!!! We love to see what our customers do with their USCutter's.

Now let's leave it at that.....

Thank you,

Ken

:rolleyes:

BUT , John made the claim .. you questioned it . Just as easy to tell you to prove your stance .

" I hear-by agree to tell the truth , the whole truth & nothing but the truth "  ...Rodger ,  you are duly sworn in   :rolleyes:

several BIG sign Shops here in Annapolis , Glen Burnie & Baltimore ... the advice at the BIG sign shows . More tham most apply wet ...99.9 % install wet .

Let it go , apply dry all the time if you want . You & John will NEVER agree on this . Stop posting about it & everybody will progress . Keep it up & you will hear the ban hammer cocking .

There are certain member's threads that I have never posted in & never will , When they post in 1 of my threads , I don't respond because I know it would not go positive . I think you should think about doing the same .

all I can say is...I have done and shipped 12 banners this week,with another 6 to go before 5pm tomorrow. My shop does not sit idle and unheated. Signs and banners are NOT a sideline to my business,they are what I do. Over 1000 this year alone. Personally, doing wet SAVES me time and money. I just rolled a 3x10 banner up that took me 30 minutes,start to finish. There are forum members here who have been to my shop,they know what I do and how much of it I do.

Anyone can claim this or that, but I can back it up.

all I can say is...I have done and shipped 12 banners this week,with another 6 to go before 5pm tomorrow. My shop does not sit idle and unheated. Signs and banners are NOT a sideline to my business,they are what I do. Over 1000 this year alone. Personally, doing wet SAVES me time and money. I just rolled a 3x10 banner up that took me 30 minutes,start to finish. There are forum members here who have been to my shop,they know what I do and how much of it I do.

Anyone can claim this or that, but I can back it up.

I honestly cannot dream of anyone in their right mind questioning your experience.....which is one of the reasons you are a Mod. No need to explain yourself to the majority of us, John.

:rolleyes:

Guest stunad, jr.

this is a great idea if you have an order that you cant fulfill (100 banners for a grocery store chain..etc)  If you are subbing out a job for one banner, you are essentially a "jobber" or a salesman.  There is no need to be wasting your time buying plotters, having a shop...etc.  If there are any jobbers here, contact me.  I can offer you a ton of ad specialty items to expand your catalog.

I need to feed my kids!!!!!!!!!  LOL 

Maybe just sub out the banner making process, mark it up, and then make pure profit.  Unless you want to have to order in materials if you don't do banners often.  If you plan on doing banners, it's always good to have the stuff on hand.

About a year ago I was doing banners for a print shop in Ohio. It didn't take him long to realize that he could have bought a cutter for less than what he paid me to do 5 banners.

But, subbing out is a good idea if you either don't do but a few now and then OR just don't want to get into it.

I still know little about banners and vinyl but I do know a thing or two about grommets/hammers.....You can ruin an elbow joint...ask me how I know. I put in 144 grommets in a couple of hours one day for golf towels using a hammer.Took me over a year to get my elbow back to normal...Bought a benchpress grommet setter. Never looked back.LOL You just pull the handle and it cuts the hole and sets the grommet. I think I paid under 200 for it and it's paid for itself many times over. I pay 2 cents a sert for the grommets, I think, bought so many at one time and haven't had to reorder... Can't remember exact price...