Sign in to follow this  
Combat Corner

Cutter starts then stops before completed.

I have been using this cutter for a while now and sometimes it works great sometimes not.  I am using USB hook up because that is all I have on my computer.  Between everyjob I have to disconect and reconect the USB to get it to work again (not a problem I can handle that) but now all the sudden it will cut half of the job and then stop (even on very small jobs) every time.  I am using sign cut X2 and the subscription is updated.  any ideas of how I can solve this problem.

I noticed in sign cut it has a completion bar, and when it freezes 3/4 of the way through thats when the cutting fails. 

Guest sciondrgn

I know That happened to me when under Windows Vista.. I could cut once and then had to unplug and plug it back up to get it work again. I ended up just going back to an XP machine

Did you try the serial cable instead of USB.  I had problems with USB and went to Serial and never went back.

In my original post it states I have only USB hook ups no serial port.  Anyone got any ideas?  I got a couple jobs I have to complete.  Like I said it was cutting complete jobs before now it will only do half the job.

If you are using Windows, try downloading and installing SignBlazer, import the same file, and see if you get better results.

signblazer will not work for me at all, it never did I talked with you on the phone about this when I first got the cutter

You get no communication at all with SignBlazer?

No signblazer will not work properly, I have never been able to cut using sign blazer or register it.  Sign cut X2 had been working great for the past 2 months previous to this what would cause this to al the sudden happen for no reason.

Open SignBlazer, then go to Cutter, then Setup and let me know what you have for the top 2 selections. SignBlazer cannot be activated, but it will run in Trial Mode and do everything the activated mode would. It will also never expire.

well Ken, I finally got it to cut using signblazer.  But it is still freezing up during cutting.  I tried the test cut provided in signblazer, it did about half the job and froze.

Well, it could be the buffer memory on the cutter itself, in which case it would need a new motherboard. If it is not the motherboard, and you get the same results, then there is something on your particular computer that is affecting the info. being sent through the USB port.

If you have another computer to try- maybe borrow a friend or family members for a short period just to test, and it works fine on it, then we know it is related to your particular computer. Serial connection is the most stable. If your computer is a desktop, you can add a Serial port card to it for about $10.

Bought a serial port installed it and now everything works great (and I learned something, never did it before).  From now on when you sell these you should remove the USB ports cause they are garbage.

Bought a serial port installed it and now everything works great (and I learned something, never did it before).  From now on when you sell these you should remove the USB ports cause they are garbage.

Glad it was a simple fix.

The USB connection is fine for the majority of users with our cutters. Particular computers have issues, and unfortunately, no computer is the same as the next, so determinig and resolving a USB issue can be trying. Could be USB driver related, could be USB power saving feature related, could be conflicts with other hardware or software on the particular computer......tough to troubleshoot.