boba282

hey my name is Bob and I need help

hey to all. new to this and I'm just not sure what machine to buy ;) I'm an HVAC contractor and everywhere i go to letter my van they want more than 1200 dollars and i see equipment for much cheaper.  I've also heard seiki tech cutter are horrible and i was just wondering if us cutter cutters are any good.  and beyond the cutter what else do i need thank you

A lot of folks on here have had great experiences with US Cutters.  PCUT or Refine would probably work fine for what you need.  Both sold on www.uscutter.com or you can try your luck on ebay.  For starters you'll need a cutter, vinyl, xacto knife, plastic squeegee, and transfer tape.  You can buy vinyl and transfer tape from USCutter.  There are a number of sites that you can buy sign materials from.  Some require that you have a sign business and some do not.

Hi Bob ,

BUY from USCutter , You will save a ton of money & get the best support !!! I bought a cutter to do my own stuff & bought the 1rst commercial grade ( Copam ) because I want to do signs when I semi-retire  . Not only do you save alot of money ( costs about $1 per foot ready to apply ... ) , You get to do it your way ( humming Frank Sinatra song ...  ;) ) . I have a friend who did my decals for free , but was WAY too " artistic " . He does stock cars & I didn't like what he thought best . He would not let me sit at his computer to experiment  . Download SignBlazer Elements trial version for free ( Signblazer section in here or from a USCutter e-bay auction ) . You can design & play with making decals , graphics etc before buying a cutter or while the cutter is coming your way . USCutter sells good stuff & has EXCELLENT customer care . This forum is VERY helpfull also as long as you show respect & are not rude, impatient or a know-it-all ( people like that don't stay for long  ;) )

Fellers & every supply place I've dealt with sells to anybody but like the previous poster said , vinyl & transfer tape is sold by USCutter . 

I agree,buy from US Cutter. I have a SeikiTech cutter that has been great,never a problem and an absolute workhorse...but I've had it for a long time and it was $1000+ when I bought it. The ones they are selling now are not the same. And their customer support consists of an email in broken English that is usually 2 or 3 days coming and usually a form letter. And customer support is the most important thing you need when buying a cutter. Trust me.

Judging from what I see in the support area, the refine and copam cutters seem to be easier to get set up. I have the refine and it was plug and go. I was cutting in 20 minutes once I got it assembled.

HI Buggie  ,

John said 20 minuetes after he got it assembled .He  plays ALOT of music & probably had some dancing in there . Me , I don't dance a lick .. When I do .. I feel as silly as other men look while dancing .. Now wemens .... they dance good !  :thumbsup: