Sign in to follow this  
espy

MH721 Cutting Problem.

Hello Everyone.  I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I just got my MH721, assembled it, and am using artcut to do my cutting.  I have been able to cut a successful test image using the cutters "test" button, but can seem to cut anything else.  I imported some simple text from Illustrator, but the problem I'm running into is that, while it cuts it, it cuts the letters way too small (at leasts smaller than the scale I sent over in illustrator).  And, even with small letters, I thought that the cutter would handle them...but when you go to weed, the letters just peel up with the weeding.  I'm new to this, so not sure what I'm doing wrong...and the manual (both online and the hardcopy) don't give much help in this respect.  Another thought...I'm using the cheap crap vinyl that came with the cutter....could this be a problem, etc?

Any suggestions any of you have would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Everyone.  I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I just got my MH721, assembled it, and am using artcut to do my cutting.  I have been able to cut a successful test image using the cutters "test" button, but can seem to cut anything else.  I imported some simple text from Illustrator, but the problem I'm running into is that, while it cuts it, it cuts the letters way too small (at leasts smaller than the scale I sent over in illustrator).  And, even with small letters, I thought that the cutter would handle them...but when you go to weed, the letters just peel up with the weeding.  I'm new to this, so not sure what I'm doing wrong...and the manual (both online and the hardcopy) don't give much help in this respect.  Another thought...I'm using the cheap crap vinyl that came with the cutter....could this be a problem, etc?

Any suggestions any of you have would be greatly appreciated.

The vinyl just may be your problem.  Did you read the review from signforums.com?  It suggested throwing the vinyl that came with it away, so that may be your issue.  Signforums.com has a review of it but it is the ONLY review I could find on there, no reviews of any other machines, that I could find.

mrkaine,

Are you using Signcut?  There is a setting in the upper left hand area of the screen that allows you to scale your image. As far as the weeding goes, I suggest that you try setting your blade depth slightly deeper and see if that fixes your issue. Also, use high quality vinyl - the vinyl that was included is rather low quality and primarily there so that you can get started right away and test out the unit without having to run out to the store for vinyl.  We have since decided to stop including the vinyl.

Let us know if this help or if you need any more info.

- Marcus

I'm having the same problem with the letters peeling up when I try to weed. I played with the force and blade protrusion a little and it seems better, but the letters want to pull off. I'm using that free sample vinyl from that place that was posted in one of the threads here. I have some Oracal 651 on the way. Do you guys think that will help??

Thanks for the advice guys! I played with it a little bit more and with the force at 50g and the speed at 12 inches, everything is coming out great. If the other vinyl is higher quality, that should make things even better. Is there any negative to having the speed lwo other than ti will take longer?

Guest fivestar

I think the "free vinyl" from arlon was great vinyl and switching vinyl would probably not help, but glad to see you got it working.  BTW, no there is no disadvantage to running slower speed then the obvious time it will take.

Yea, the only negative to cutting at a slower speed is that it will take a bit longer. Slower speeds I feel are better however, especially for smaller lettering and logos. I bump up the speed when I plot.

:blob7: